1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Zurich convicts ATC for self reporting mistake: FlightAware

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Lord Leighton, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    We have 50,000 airline movements in the US everyday. An unknown amount of G/A movements occur everyday also. The FAA has no way of knowing how many light aircraft takeoff and land. Considering flight training the movements could be in the 2-300,000 movements each day.

Considering I may do 10 or 15 take off's each day alone with students the number is all over the lot.

The Rest of the world does about 75,000 movements commercially and G/A around the world does not equal US operations.

I will say this is a lot of movements and the risks increase every year. Government oversight seems to be less and less......add in increasing terrorist activity and the years ahead look risky.

I believe any country that harbors or sponsors terrorism should be severely Delt with.

Controllers work hard and have a tough job that makes the job stressful. It is so stressful that controllers at least in the US must retire at the age of 56. A mistake is easy in a job like this and as more and more people fly the risk just keep increasing.....

So what is in the future for air travel? Your guess is as good as mine.

unfortunately the governments around the world including the US are guessing also. Politics and inept management is on the rise!

Lord Leighton likes this.