1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

WOW... FAA did Good!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    The FAA has immediately discontinued the requirement for Commercial Pilot And Flight Instructor applicants to us complex aircraft for this Certificiate and rating!

The costs reduction for these certifications could cost an additional 4-5000 dollars. A win win for our student pilots!

I have always felt that our multi-engine aircraft provided enough complex and high performance requirements for the Multi-engine rating and the Flight instructor multi-engine rating. These costs easily exceeded 6-8 thousand dollars......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    http://www.boldmethod.com/blog/arti...equirement-for-commercial-and-cfi-applicants/

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...OMG, Rich paid a complement to the "regulator"?! Mark that down on the calender and call the "biggly one" to make it a national holiday!!

Yeah, since no one makes many complex singles anymore, it was time to make things performance based and let the high performance/complex check out be good enough.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the "regulator" will be out of the check ride business anyway.

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

One correction on my part. The 10 hours of complex is still required for the Commercial Certificate. The applicant then is signed off in complex aircraft. The actual change is that providing a complex aircraft for either Commercial or CFI check rides are not required, which still saves the applicants thousands of dollars.

It sure seems the FAA will step aside soon and have the Designated Pilot examiners do all testing. I have noticed that many inspectors are not current to fly and as time goes by the costs to qualify them will be very high.

I think the decision to change the FAA will be coming soon.

Rotorruss likes this.
  4. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...yeah, not much different then the spin endorsement.

All it will take is something to burn a hole in the ground where qualification is found to be a factor. Especially, if it gets out that the "regulator" isn't overseeing checkrides.

I'm sure they will keep the Sim Inspectior qualified since it's just a sim. I'm sure they will even make a loophole for designees to do 709 rides too.

BTW, they balled up another air ambulance last night, killing 3. Can't wait to see the SWAG on this one. SAD!!

Richard Wyeroski likes this.