1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Why you always keep on your seat belt!

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

My story with my American Airlines flight from LGA-DFW in the 90's on Everett's posting of the story is why I always keep my seatbelt fastened. Yes there was no weather and probably CAT and I used to listen to those announcements when they pilots said "I'm going to shut off the seat belt sign so you can feel free to move around the cabin but we do suggest that you keep your seat belt fastened like we do up here for your "comfort and safety". I always did. That's why I didn't end up hitting the overhead and was able to deplane using the Jetway rather then being carried out on a stretcher. Just a smart thing to do. I wish people would use common sense.

3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

sometimes the person sitting next to me takes off his seat belt. I look over at them and introduced myself as a former FAA inspector and pilot and that i recommend they keep the belt on for their own safety. I explain that the pilots do not know sometimes what is up a head and the aircraft can hit turbulence and they could hit their heads on the ceiling of the aircraft and be seriously hurt............they then put their belts back on!

.......and they thank me for the information!

Why passengers remove their belts in flight always amazes me!

Lord Leighton, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

And a not realized by pax, the threat to F/As who generally don't have the luxury of wearing their seat belts during their duties. Don't ever take F/As for granted.

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  5. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Not to mention that some turbulence events turn into accidents when broken bones or serious injuries get involved.