1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Whistle Blower or Lamplighter......exposing corruption

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Back in 2011 I attended a meeting in Washington DC. I met *Frank Serpico the first Whistleblower that exposed corruption in the New York City police department. He started his talk by saying, he never liked the word "Whistleblower" and preferred to be called a lamplighter. He lit the lamp to expose the corrupt cockroach's for what they are cowards.....he lit the lamp and watched them scurry back into the wood work, because cockroaches hate the light. .........

[​IMG]

I learned an important lesson that day and have been writing articles, making media appearances and lighting the lamp to expose the corrupt!

It cost me dearly.....my career and I have caused good people I once knew to be afraid and do nothing because of fear of retribution.

My private war with the FAA runs deep after senior management decided to remove me on false charges (all FAA so called evidence against me has been rescinded now!)

I have asked our elected officials to contact me before it is too late and the accident rate increases because of lack of FAA oversight.

Our aviation system is failing and the FAA just does not know what to do.

The so called NEXT/GENERATION navigation system is nothing more then smoke and mirrors at a cost of BILLIONS in overruns. Cheap overseas maintenance is causing record emergency returns. Bogus parts installed in our aircraft keep increasing.

So as my friend and colleague Ed Jezska always says....'What is it going to take"?...before something is done

I invite anyone to ask questions....call their elected officials and ask them what is it going to take to fix the FAA?

I will continue to light the lamp and expose those cockroaches that have their own agendas for their own personal gain......o_O

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpico

Edward Jeszka and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Edward Jeszka

Edward Jeszka Hangar Gold Member I

This is very indicative of the FAA and its inability to police itself. You and I and a few others have disclosed FAA cover-ups, corruption, dishonesty, fraud, falsification, perjury, withholding evidence, suborning perjury and even conducting activities that are or have been deleterious to aviation safety. And the FAA has been extremely quite. To my knowledge they haven't contacted any of us. I was contacted last evening by a whistleblower who disclosed some very dangerous circumstances that took place in the maintenance of one of our larger, well known cargo carriers aircraft. I am trying to put it into a time line and will ask for permission to post it on the AirNation. It involves FAA at various levels of cover-up and my "best friend", Clay Foushee himself and, in the opinion a growing number of observers that have had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with him and his totally inept, dim-witted and mindless office of Audit and Evaluation.

I will hopefully get this gentleman's OK to post some of the pictures and circumstances that FAA, AAE have been apparently hiding as it shows a total inability of the FAA to conduct appropriate oversight of a major 121 carrier. When is the FAA going to identified as a waste of tax payers dollars, a joke, and certainly an ineffective and corrupt government agency?

Leave it to Foushee as he has appeared to have become the king of cover-up and obfuscation in the opinions of many. Not to fear. He has been reading the AirNation as he has directed the Ethics Office in FAA to take a look at "Bug Tussle" and his statements previously made on this forum (nut not too hard a look). By "Take A Look" I simply mean find out what it will take to cover this up and make it go away. Rich and I and several others have seen him personally do exactly that to us and then not be exactly truthful about it right to our faces. It would appear justified to ask for his resignation or better yet, termination. Hit the bricks Clay, as you obviously brought the culture right up to Huerta's office and it looks to most that he has given his "Administrator's Blessing" to you after you kissed his ring.

3. Richard Wyeroski

Ed...the boys are good at deception. We will always remember how Clayton Foushee lied and did his side walk act in front of us all at the Government Accountability offices in DC.....in 2011....

IT will all come out one day when the system finally goes down the drain....and ole clay will be blamed?...and transferred, fired or be reassigned;)

Lord Leighton and Edward Jeszka like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

ED........It gets even more interesting because the FAA does not know where airlines are doing their maintenance over seas.The FAA does not know what non approved shops used by the airlines are also doing maintenance on US Aircraft.....a big mess IMHO

I think Peggy Gilligan should have answers since there is a real terrorist threat now, since the problems are escalating in the mid east and US aircraft are sitting ducks for a terrorist act.....like planting an explosive device aboard aircraft activated by cell phones...........I believe this to be a real threato_O

I have advised the DOT Inspector General with no response so far

Rich

5. The Advisor

The Advisor Hangar Associate Member IV

Ed and Rich..... I’v never have the Privilege in ever meeting with this fellow and from all of the information which has been others including Airnations, that is this fellow is just a hand poppet you find in a kids children toy store. In every case in dealing with the FAA is never concern at ever getting at the truth of the matter, but only to protects the direction and to give the public the impression; an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence “Good guys" and never exposing the Corruption, Waste, and Abuse of Authority.

And, if you compare this agency in reference to The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), a government-run military veteran benefit system, it was finally exposed by whistle blowers who stood up to management which brought a investigation to the VA, and "Yet" the FAA has been Internally investigated as of yet; until the Senate, and House finally does something about it, like VA, it took a great deal of time to show how the Employees of the VA had made numerous and also in " In great number" complaints by workers as to the Corruption, Waste, Fraud and Abuse of Authority and Like "FAA"

Now consider Clay Foushee, he is in just part of the same disease that we are finding in Federal Government , and particular abnormal, pathological condition that affects part or all of any organism that we find in the Federal Government. He really doesn't care in getting the truth nor does he care in trying to expose criminal activity about the FAA nor does he care in trying Vindicate Employee's that have been accused of any wrong doing, but to protect his foolish image and to protect his position under this other idiot at the top like, Michael P. Huerta. The poppet master....!

The understanding that Clay Foushee and Harold Jones is no more than truly criminal who could care less about your rights, or any other persons rights, and when you consider the nature "it’s a crime, a crime of "aiding and abetting" and yes they are getting away with it, like "Bug Tussle, who turned out to be Harold Jones of the Reno, FSDO, an extremely Highly Questionable person within the FAA, or should we call it simply call it corruption at best.

In what Rich had stated "He who lit the lamp to expose the corrupt cockroach's for what they are cowards.....he lit the lamp and watched them scurry back into the wood work, because cockroaches hate the light. ......... Until they are found.......!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Richard Wyeroski

7. Richard Wyeroski

.....The TWU has said back in 2011 that there are problems with overseas repair stations. Unfair competition and substandard wages is just one side of the coin.

Now that the Mid-East is at war, with new terrorist groups with money and resources popping up, one has to ask what has been done?

Well in a word.....nothing.... in another word.....nothing. So US airlines continue to bring their aircraft over seas to third world countries and put them at risk...

The FAA 800 Indy crowd better known as OZ....knows nothing!o_O

more
    http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2011/04/twu-wants-faa-to-keep-a-closer.html/

Edward Jeszka and Lord Leighton like this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

.....This thread was published 3 years ago. Today we have a new administration that wants to fix government corruption. The safety layer is gone and our airlines are very vulnerable at foreign maintnenance bases.

A new DOT Secretary will see these problems and fix them. Obama era managers have to be kicked out because they only want to hurt President Trump!. I personally do not trust any of them as far as I could throw them!;)

Rotorruss likes this.
  9. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

Safety standards group is reorganizing. Another attempt to put wolves in sheeps clothing. All structure and no culture. Corrupt empire building is still alive and well. Until the "biggly one drains the swamp" the old "fake" aviation adminstation will be around.

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  10. Richard Wyeroski

............has anything changed. The FAA luck is holding. Bogus parts are increasing.

When will they wake up?

11. Rotorruss

... until someone holds the "regulator's'' management accountable for their actions, nothing will change. The "swamp" is alive and well at 800 Indy. The accountability is still on the operator while the "regulator" hid behind the computer and call it oversight. They overstaff the top while the field is shorthanded.

What is it going to take?? Unfortunately, it's going to take the "big one"!! With the Reauthorization passed, the management feels like they can continue to empire build and rake in the bonuses that they bake into the budget. They even work with congress to get their corrupt ways codified into the law.

As long as there isn't bent tin, no one is the wiser. The helicopter crashes with substandard fuel cells and unsafe restraints, show how hands off the "regulator" is. They cater to the lobbist while the public is put at risk. They sidestep the congress inquiries with their double talk.

So, until congress holds the "regulator's'' management accountable, the corruption will continue. Maybe that's the "swamp's" plan all along?? Quid pro quo!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  12. Richard Wyeroski

Yes Russ we know it will take the big. However, the layers of safety as Ed usto say are gone. the bad parts are being put in aircraft overseas because of lack of proper oversite by the Fake Aviation Administration FAA. But there is one more big problem, once we have the big one there will be more behind that because of the breakdown in maintenance oversite and now it also is moving into pilot certification.

ATC is already in trouble with a big shortage looming because the Obama Adminstration played games with certification and hiring!

The result will be a sharp increase in the Commericial Accident rate like no other we have ever seen.

I want to be wrong. I wish it was not so, but all layers of safety are gone and we are operating on "LUCK"

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  13. Rotorruss

... what will happen?? The same thing that always happens, there will be hearings and people will retire. Congress will throw some money along with some minor changes. Then it will be forgotten until the next big crises. The circle of government bureaucracy will continue. We are on the second cycle of ATC shortness from the firing in the 1980s. It's just now compounded from the Bozo's bogus hiring program.

Since the boondoggle ADSB is past the point of no return, the project will continue and miraculousiy show a personnel savings because everyone can see everyone else. Then there will be some catastrophic event with the ADSB and there will be the next flavor of the decade come. People at the top will sole source it and make a lot after they retire and go to work for the contract winner.

The profits before safety is still alive and well. The passengers will still get the short end of the stick!!