1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

What ever happened to this investigation on FAA Corruption?

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    FAA Inspectors were threatened (I know what this feels like) Congress investigated.....a few FAA top brass were repositioned, one was allowed to retire.....

.........................BUT NO ONE WENT TO JAIL OR WAS FIRED???......Why

FAA WHISTLEBLOWERS EXPOSE CORRUPTION
    [​IMG]
    CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION

More
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/topstories/2008-04-03-3507013485_x.htm

2. Richard Wyeroski

Congressional testimony by FAA Whistleblowero_O

3. Richard Wyeroski

FAA THREATENED THIS INSPECTOR FOR WHISTLEBLOWING

4. Richard Wyeroski

NO ONE IN FAA SENIOR MANAGEMENT WERE FIRED OR WENT TO JAIL

5. Richard Wyeroski

HOW TO TAP DANCE IN FRONT OF CONGRESS

6. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

That woman sounds like just another Detroit politician hired because of who they know and not what they know.

7. Lord Leighton

Some people need as a group to go to Congress and break the polite protocol and just point fingers and say "It's like two people in an elevator, one of em farts and they both know who did it!"

8. Lord Leighton

Mr Cummings can see through all the crap.

9. Richard Wyeroski

:D

David Barnshaw and Lord Leighton like this.
  10. Warren G. Webb

Warren G. Webb Hangar Associate Member V

The FAA has become a carousel of investigations rather than carry out the actions it's own regulations state thereby becoming ineffective, a danger to safety while continuing to suck the taxes that pay for it's existence. Disgusting !

11. Jeff Lewis

Jeff Lewis Hangar Bronze Member I

Many good clips of elected officials grilling Sabatini, but we sure need those Representatives to follow through and demand FAA accountability. I especially liked Congresswoman Johnson's comment at the final twenty seconds of the 4:54 clip. Ms. Johnson had given the floor over to Representative Costello, who asked Sabatini a few questions. Ms. Johnson then briefly interrupted, and asked Sabatini point-blank, "Is he being paid?" Nick pauses, then answers "Yes, Ma'am," to which she replies, "....what do you have to do to get fired then?"

She really laid bare: FAA has a culture with no accountability, run by apparent crooks with no sense of their responsibility to serve the Public who pays their exorbitant federal salaries (and pensions). Congressman Cummings laid this bare, too.

Sabatini retired not long after these hearing video clips were recorded, and he then created yet another aviation consultancy (the FAA-world is stuffed full of retired high-officials offering their services). As if to confirm Sabatini’s corruption, the helicopter lobby (HAI) saluted him and his retirement with an article in the winter 2008-2009 issue of 'Rotor ' magazine (link to a PDF copy, at aiREFORM.com). He was quoted at page 26: “The FAA has a reputation that you can FSDO shop, or region shop — go from one office to another — until you get the answers you want. We are not going to continue down that path. There is one AVS, one FAA, and we are going to pursue the most rigorous methodology to ensure that all members of the organization follow the same process….

The HAI article included this, on the last page: “…one thing on which everyone at the FAA agrees is that, because of the leadership demonstrated by Ballough and Sabatini, the policies and programs they have nurtured at the FAA will live on long after they depart the agency. The people on the team they are leaving behind have taken personal ownership of those policies.” (emphasis added)

Uhh, to me anyway (as a Whistleblower who lived through the retaliation) … the real question is WHICH rules are FAA members supposedly following, and what REAL legacy will last beyond Sabatini’s retirement? Will it be the culture of corruption (as evidenced in these video clips), or will it be the culture of safety so hypocritically presented in Sabitini’s insincere and evasive comments under oath?

And, one last thought: the Due Process that Sabatini insists our system guarantees to protect even his corrupt FSDO managers, when has he or David Grizzle or any other FAA manager insisted that the same Due Process be afforded to the Wyeroski’s, Bruno’s and other FAA Whistleblowers? Nick’s comments are nothing but shameful hypocrisy….

12. Edward Jeszka

Edward Jeszka Hangar Gold Member I

Jeff,
    Seems that the quote about "living on long after they are gone" has certainly held true. Very unfortunate to have such gross misconduct, dishonesty and corruption as the standard within the FAA that the agency can be proud of. Why not have a new and exciting phenomenon that embraces and rewards truthfulness, integrity, honesty and just plain fairness to have as your banner? Then the continuing attacks on whistleblowers and a very high percentage of innocent airmen would be abated. You know about Gabe and Rich and Mary Rose and Kim and myself and new abuses going on right now even as we speak, and again to innocent folks just trying to keep things a bit safer. Even as Congress conducts these hearings and uncovers the worst of the FAA like Sabatini and Ballough and Grizzle and Foushee and Allen and Gilligan and many others nothing is ever done to correct or halt the continuous abuses by the abusers. So we have status quo, a slap on the wrist, but watch the bonuses at the end of the year. That amounts to criminal behavior known and not addressed. Sad, but the FAA has become somewhat less than a leader in aviation safety. It does more to engender a behavior that is really disgusting to many honest folks in the industry. But we will continue to fight for the rights and due process denied by this aberrant group, to include FAA, NTSB, DOT, MSPB and others. Keep your chin up, another uppercut is on the way.

13. Richard Wyeroski

Jeff

Thanks for your comments to this thread. FAA was successful in covering up the Southwest problems, even though the Congressional Hearings were serious.

The bad guys were allowed to retire and collect their pensions and go out into the industry as paid consultants.

As a Whistleblower, one becomes very familiar with FAA retaliation. I have read some of your articles and support you in keeping up the fight.

Unfortunately this culture the FAA lives under, will only change when something happens. Until then it will only get worse.

More
    The Jeff Lewis Story

http://aireform.com/about-contact/faa-retaliation-history-against-wb-jeff-lewis/

Edward Jeszka and Lord Leighton like this.
  14. Lord Leighton

Were these crooked people hired by Putin?

15. Richard Wyeroski

Well...there is more to the story. It seems that 6 months after the Congressional hearings. It was discovered that 40 Southwest 737 planes had the wrong parts installed by a unapproved vendor.

The FAA did not check Southwest, SWA did not check the vendor and the Vendor was not certified by Southwest??

Everyone dropped the ball. It seems these parts protect the flaps from severe heat from the engines when thrust reversers are used during landings. Since the wing is a wet wing and full of fuel, if the flaps got too hot and transferred the heat to the wings....well bad things could happen....like the wing catching fire!!:confused:

The FAA, and Boeing got together with Southwest and decided the parts met spec?

It would have cost millions to ground 40 planes and change these parts.

Who was at fault? no one knows. But imagine the consequences here. I also do not want everybody to think I am bashing Southwest. But I will say all parties involved were very lucky that the unapproved parts were able to be approved:confused:

more
    http://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/388418-southwest-and-uncertified-parts/

Lord Leighton likes this.
  16. Richard Wyeroski

BTWo_O

The FAA is still responsible and no one in the agency caught this potential problem that could have been a disaster.

Again no one was held accountable in the FAA, which get's about 13 BILLION dollars a year in taxpayer dollars to protect the flying public.

17. Richard Wyeroski

SO.........what ever happened? In a word NOTHING!!

18. Richard Wyeroski

So what ever happened to this investigation? I know if I was in Congress or the Senate and traveled every week on the airlines.......which they do! I would be very made that the parties evolved!

As I said these bogus parts could have caused the aircraft to catch fire!!!

I think the only way things will change is an aircraft with the “RIGHT” people crash and kill all aboard!

Then the outrage will be heard?