1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

User can't get new avatar to download

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Questions and Feedback' started by Lee Ferrara, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Lee Ferrara

Lee Ferrara Administrator Staff Member

United States United States
    A user can't get a new avatar photo to download though. I've tried three different size photos in hopes that one would work. Any ideas?

2. Lee Ferrara

Can you tell me the smallest file size you tried and the browser you're using? Also, if anyone else has ideas to help here chime it! :)

3. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

As near as I can tell the smallest file size is 830 X 400 pixels or 191 KB. Not sure on the browser. Thanks for the posting. :)

4. Erik Winter

Erik Winter Hangar Silver Member III

Its needs to be 200 x 200 (or around that)

MissTWA likes this.
  5. Everett 757

Thanks,Erik for the input. I will see if I can resize the photo, or find another photo out of my pictures to use.

6. Erik Winter

Erik Winter Hangar Silver Member III

USUALLY you can re-size a picture quite easily...yet again I have a MacBook Pro.

MissTWA likes this.
  7. MissTWA

MissTWA Hangar Bronze Member I

Ok......has anyone here ever heard of "Tiny Pic"..???????......It's a sight where you can 'Upload' a picture, videos......and such.......my fellow Aviation Geek Comrade in Sweden ...sent me the instructions.....at the time......another bud of mine......who's blog .."Aviation Talk and Sky Science" ....started his own....forum for all of us.....we were playing 'Name that tail'......so he put a forum together....and who's ever turn it was to 'post' a mystery Airline "Tail"..........OMG..........what FUN.......that was.........!!....his forum looks very much like this forum.......so don't go patting me on the back just yet..........I can tell ya how to do it.....and I bet it would work...here !!!!!!!!!!it has for me already.........!!!!......heres the sight link........http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
    and PLEASE ......I will gladly give the step by step to 'Avatar Greatness'......to our pal........here!!!!!!!!!

Everett 757 likes this.
  8. Lee Ferrara

Everett, we're still working on this to try to get it resolved.

Do you use a Mac or PC? Also...what internet browser do you use?

Everett 757 likes this.
  9. MissTWA

1st......does he have his pic he wants as his 'avatar' saved to his computer???...

2nd....if he does.......and he is here(literally)..at 'Airnation'...........ready to put his pic.avatar

3rd......open another page....and go to.....http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

4th.....the page will ask him to......'upload images and videos'..........and ask him to 'browse' for his pic he already has saved somewhere on his computer.....

5th.....when he finds his 'avatar wannabe pic'......click and it will show his choice in the same box...

6th..go straight down to the big Green 'upload' NOW box......and click.....it.........
    7.........a box comes up....and asks him to........type in either words or numbers....or answer a question.....to prove he isn't a big pile o spam or potted meat....
    8......then......there will be 4 links to choose from ........go straight down to the 4th choice...labeled.
    "Direct link for layouts".....'right click.......and copy.....the 4th link....
    9....he needs to come back HERE to this page.....and in the 'box'.....where he would put a comment or such.......as I am doing right here.............he needs to click the "'Insert/edit image'......the box with the "TREE".....
    10...click the 'TREE' box.....and will ask for a URL.....which is the link he copied....in step #8....he is to 'right click and "PASTE"......the URL....he had saved from step #8..
    11......click "INSERT".......at that moment......his pic/Avatar..will then show up.......his his/THIS box.....then he can after add text or whatever he likes.........to go along with his Brand New ..AWESOME AVATAR......!!!!!!!!!
    12....he lives 'Happily Ever After'...............

I hope this helps..I know.........that no matter how small or big...my pic was.......using "tiny pic"........got me.....the avatar......I wanted...........

Lee Ferrara and Everett 757 like this.
  10. Everett 757

Thank you to Lee, Erik, and Miss TWA for all of your input. I really appreciate it. To answer Lee's question I use a PC and the windows pictures, that I have saved in "my pictures". I haven't had a chance to work on this for a few days because of my long hours at work. Hopefully by this weekend I will have some time and be able to try something else and get a picture downloaded. I want to try the tips that Miss TWA wrote down so thoroughly. Again thanks to all of you!! This is a great site, with great people on it and I'm happy to be a part of this awesome site!! :) Everett

Lee Ferrara likes this.
  11. MissTWA

Mr. Everett757.....You'll see.....this will work.....!!!......and don't think for a second........I figured this out on my own....NOPE...!!!!!.....I'm not good with computer's......but give me a list of the 'mechanics'....and I can do it....anyway.....So looking forward to your "Avatar"........!!....its important...as to ..what we put....as it's an extension of ourselves.........!!!....I carry my 'SmartA**".....look..everywhere...........
    even when I'm getting kicked out the back door.... ;/....
    Our Aviation family is tight.....group....!!....at least here.....no one thinks twice about our nose's being
    'UP IN THE AIR'...to those 'SAD' folks, who were born WITHOUT the "A"aviation(chromosome)..........to them:
    .......We're just 'Snobs'.......but we know different........!!.....
    You take care...MissTWA

Everett 757 likes this.
  12. Lee Ferrara

Thanks for your support Everett! We'll get this sorted out. :)

Everett 757 likes this.
  13. Lee Ferrara

Does anyone on here use a Mac? One of our users cannot change his avatar and he uses Mac. Want to see if anyone else has the same issue.

14. Everett 757

Hi to all my fellow aviation fans!! I finally had time to get my new avatar uploaded. Thanks to Lee, Erik, Miss TWA for you earlier input! I hope all of you are having a great week! Sincerely, Everett

Lee Ferrara likes this.
  15. Lee Ferrara

I'm glad you got it sorted Everett. :)

16. Everett 757

Me too, and thanks! :)

Lee Ferrara likes this.