1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Up close and personal with a new A321-211

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by David, Apr 26, 2014.

1. David

David Hangar Bronze Member II

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just had a short trip away to Palma (Majorca). After searching several different airlines who operate the Manchester (UK) to Palma route I found a couple of seats on a Thomas Cook charter flight leaving at 9am local. After doing a little research I found the airline had just leased 4 new A321-211, I was looking forward to this flight. When I arrived at gate 23 at terminal 1 manchester I found it was a corner gate and I could not get a clear view of the reg number.
    Once on board I found it was one of the older aircraft which I think has been owned or leased by several different airlines before arriving at Thomas Cook via Condor.
    The out bound flight was good but nothing special.
    The return flight today however was fantastic. As is quite common at Spanish airport I was led down the jetway to a waiting bus on the apron and whisked away to some distant aircraft parked off stand. As the aircraft came into sight it was obvious it was brand new, it carried the new livery and was gleaming in the early morning Mediterranean sun. The registration was G-TCDC approx 4 months old having been previously registered with the test reg of D-AVZT.
    The interior was just as stunning as the outside having a single class with full recarro leather seating and in pristine condition. I was able to get row 11 which is the exit row with only 2 seats rather than 3 so this was a real bonus.
    After speaking to a member of the cabin crew I learned the plane was going to London Stanstead for the summer season to fly the Turkey route. After a fantastic flight back to Manchester the landing was a little hard and fast ( which shook my wife who is a very nervous flyer) so I told her the pilot was probably putting the new aircraft through its paces !
    I don't get involved with this Boeing v Airbus discussion as I just love to fly and today was fantastic.
    P.S the aircraft was named "sunny heart"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    David Cummings and Lord Leighton like this.