1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Unauthorized pilot at controls before Crash of AeroMexico Connect e-190 last yr: FlightAware

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Lord Leighton, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    And this from Avherald.com-
    "On Mar 1st 2019 South Africa's CAA (SACAA) reported they have opened an investigation into a SAA pilot, who had allegedly been flying commercial aircraft with a forged air transport pilot license for more than 20 years. The matter came to light during the investigation into the flight SA-206 (editorial note: this is in error, correct flight number was SA-260) from Johannesburg to Frankfurt in November 2018, which had a reportable incident in Swiss Airspace. The pilot in question has already resigned."

Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

I would say 20 years for SAA to make their system more "robust" is an understatement. However my grandmother did drive with a NY State Driver's License that expired in the early 60's without ever being renewed well into the late 70's when she stopped driving. I guess the NY State Police didn't bother little old ladies driving 1965 Ford Falcons.

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

My Grandma had a 65 Falcon with a 170 c.i.d straight six that couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. ;)

Kevin and Everett 757 like this.
  5. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

:D