1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

To the Admins-

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Questions and Feedback' started by Exuma Guy, May 23, 2017.

1. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Periodically, I wipe my computer's drive. After the latest cleaning, I put 'airnation.net' in the address window. The page was redirected to 'airnation.com'. The Social Hangar was also redirected, and it was seriously outdated except for a continuous stream of videos from 1 poster. It was only after adding the security 'https://' protocol did I find my way back to this forum. Perhaps this was by your design, but perhaps you are not aware of it. Cheers...

2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    EG, I have the two .com/.net sites bookmarked separately for easy access since the implementation of the .com side. I check both but mainly participate in the .net sideAirline and Aviation Forums | Airnation.net Social Hangar because, as you say with the .com sideAirnation.net - The Online Social Magazine for The Airline and Aviation World, all ya see is that one video poster, and with most plane spotters on here, they now combine their passion turned income generator. There also could be other unknown to us, international legal implications with a .com set up as opposed to the .net version. Some long time members remain confused (like myself) as you may agree. I don't want to duplicate my posts in both either. Btw, in appreciation/consideration of the plane spotter video providers in here, when I click on their videos in here, I click on the Youtube version and smash the like button to support them on Youtube as well as hit the like button in here. I hope it helps them and their efforts anyway I can. ;)

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Biggles and Everett 757 like this.
  3. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Damned confusing! My frustration level peaks very quickly. Then I stop clicking.

4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

......yeah definitely confusing??? is there a war with the powers that be that own the site......? don't know. ......I have continued to post on the .net site...?:confused:WTF?

Biggles and Everett 757 like this.
  5. Lord Leighton

Just bookmark the above links separately. Easy enough here in the US, dunno about yer set up though. ;)

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  6. Biggles

Biggles Hangar Bronze Member III

Same experience here guys, but today an extra twist: when I clicked on any of the items,(on Airnation.com) I got the message "Sorry, that page doesn't seem to exist"
    I think I'll stick to .net

7. Lord Leighton

I do 95% of the time anyways. I post all my stuff on .net. Like I said, I don't like to have to do duplicate posts.

Biggles and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

WTF?

Biggles likes this.
  9. Lord Leighton

Failed experiment?

Biggles likes this.
  10. Richard Wyeroski

...something is different there are now two AIRNATION sites?

Biggles and Lord Leighton like this.
  11. Lord Leighton

It began about 6 months ago and they couldn't get it synced properly it seems. So people including myself supported the old mainstay the '.net' site that we're currently on here now. There IS another that some can't get through on and it's link that works for me is
    https://www.airnation.com/ but it doesn't co-mingle a lot of its stuff. It's been confusing. Our friend SKBenergy from St. Kitts only posts on the .com. and probably doesn't know .net still exists. :confused:

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Richard Wyeroski and Biggles like this.