1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

The swamp keeps moving...

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

United States United States
    Everett 757 likes this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Illegal 135 operations are alive and well. I know of a few operating right now. No one really cares. It is just too much trouble to do anything about it! When the plane crashes then FAA will look into it.

The recent crash of a Piper Seneca that crashed with three people aboard is a sole example. The pilot lost control of the aircraft at 19,000 feet and the aircraft came apart and crashed in the ocean just south of Gabreski Airport. It appears the pic was giving "dual" to the so called pilot who had not flown in years and had no known current medical. The aircraft was on a cross country flight from Conneciticut to South Carolina!!

I know good operators and they di it right. Jumped through the FAA hoops and got a Charter Certificate.

I also know operators who paid 10's of thousands of dollars trying to get certificate. However the FAA is short staffed and it takes literally a few years to maybe get through the so called certification.

What is the answer? Simple, get rid of flight standards and appoint management that will do the job and hire those that have the experience and ability to carry it out!

3. Richard Wyeroski

Until this part of the FAA swamp is drained the accidents will continue and innocent people will continue to die at the hands of these criminals!!!

4. Rotorruss

...you are so right, Rich. 800 Indy needs a fumigation treatment!! It's infested with "empire building" rats and snakes!!!

5. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    An FAA inspector said those exact words to me 30 years ago when I complained about a hacker.
    The inspector was one of the good guys too. He ended up doing the investigation when the hacker crashed a month later.
    The passengers refused to testify and the case went nowhere.
    It hasn't changed much.

6. Richard Wyeroski

I knew a fellow running a 1341/2 right out of the airport that my FAA office was in. He was sly, getting paid in cash and having "clients" that he knew. One day the plane geared up and it was just treated as an incident. Management did not want to go further!

I was often told not to waste time on this stuff!......and I was often told not to look so hard. The lazy maintnenance inspectors did not want to get involved.

One ramp check at MacArthur airport turned up a citation with duct tape over a crack in a nacelle. Actually I was told it was high speed tape and it was okay until repairs could be made. I wrote it up and they did not fly the aircraft that day. The lazy fat all you could eat Chinese restaurant maintnenance inspector I talked to actually complained to the manager that I should have left it alone. He said I did not know what I was talking about because I was an ops inspector. (I actually held an A&P CERT)

They don't care. They do their time in the field looking the other way and apply for the first management position that comes their way!!!

Yep I have seen it all with these idiots and they all should get the boot and Flight Standards disbanded ASAP!!!

7. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Did you read the only response to that article Rich?

1. Jim Ratcliff | November 12, 2018 at 6:10 pm | Reply
      1990-1994 I was an FAA Ops inspector in SW Region at the SAT-FSDO. I did several violations against folks for operating as an air carrier without holding an Air Carrier Certificate. All of my cases were successfull. I was the only ASI in my office that would investigate these complaints & I taught my operators how to protect themselves from these illegal operators. I was popular with them, the illegal guys hated me. Neither FSDO or SW Regional leaders cared. All they cared about was their careers & the old work program sent down by Congress. The Certified On Demand Air Carriers did not matter.
      Because of my health I transferred to ABQ-FSDO, it was a toilet compared to SAT-FSDO. In 1996 I had enough and left the agency; I have never regretted it.
      Softening! The agency needs to nail illegal operators, anyone that dies on an illegal carrier puts the life insurance at risk because the operation has not been indemnified by the Sectary of Tranortation. My guess that lots of life insurance carriers have no idea and have been paying when they did not have to. I taught my operators to explain this to their customers. An illegal operator could be liable for all the lives & a business that puts their employees on the flight would be liable as well.

Thank you

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  8. Rotorruss

... they need to bring a true insider and not someone who has ties to the "swamp"!! The Delta guy has ties and will continue to allow the status quo.

Come on "biggly one" clean house!!

9. Richard Wyeroski

He's right no one wanted to get involved and the only time there was an investigation is if a fatal accident occurred.

It appears that Seneca crash on Long Island was a little fishy! A VFR flight ? Loss of control and a aircraft break up from 19,000 feet. I think the lawyers will push the FAA, looking for a FAR violation so they can sue!

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.
  10. Lord Leighton

Russ, be just a lil more patient, it's coming very very soon. President Trump proclaimed September 'National Preparedness Month' and tested his emergency notification system for a reason. We are living through history that you will be proud of. Trust me my friend! ;)

It's begun.jpg

11. Rotorruss

... thanks for the reminder, LL. I tend to get a little more cranky when the Drs change my pain meds out!! The only thing I see in the near future is a government shutdown after Dec 7th when a budget is vetoed!!

12. Lord Leighton

Think BIG!

13. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Seems an elusive professor thought to be dead will now testify before the Senate about the dirt he has on Hilary....
    That should start things rolling...

14. Richard Wyeroski

The President is draining the swamp.........the swamp was exposed by him and the FAA swamp is a small part of it all.........

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.
  15. Lord Leighton

16. Richard Wyeroski

She looks good in there

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  17. Rotorruss

...hearing the rumbling today from 800 Indy about the Reauthorization and the next budget vote with the possible government shutdown. It's quite apparent that HQ is clueless or took lessons from "Bagdad Bob"!! It took them an hour to dance around 2 questions and unable to answer either one of them. Hear that Chucky is on a rant that the "regulator" hasn't answered the question on seat size yet! Chucky should know by now about the speed of government!!

There is probably something "big" that is planned. If true, it's the "regulator's'' own doing to themselves. The management has been driving the agency into the ditch for a long time. I can see a big consolidation with plenty of outsorcing coming.