1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

The JATR report says...

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

United States United States
  2. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member IV

The whole thing is an embarrassment for Boeing and the FAA.
    Not to mention the tragic loss of life. NBC Nightly News also ran a story tonight saying that most of the FAA engineers were unaware of MCAS and those who were aware were not qualified to approve or even understand the handling characteristics the system affected. The report said that Boeing pretty much approved it's own aircraft.

I don't know how long it will take or who's going to do it but the culture at both the FAA and Boeing has to change for anyone to have faith in either organization. What a shame to see two symbols of American Aviation leadership be scoured like this,

3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

The FAA has had a toxic culture toward employees that voiced an opinion. Many employees were forced out of the FAA because of agenda driven management.

I had this happen to me when I reported problems in the field. I reported accidents and was told by FAA management to report them as incidents to avoid the accident rate from going up. It is a small example of a big problem.

Good people left the FAA because of harassment by management. Any wonder that the FAA does not have the expertise to properly certify an aircraft?

This toxic culture was systemic through out the FAA. Any wonder why no one with any kind of expertise wants to work for the FAA!

4. Rotorruss

5. Richard Wyeroski

It seems the new FAA Administrator Steve Dickson is serious and is doing something!

Kevin, Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  6. Rotorruss

We'll see. There is a lot of Miss Piggy followers in the "deep state" at 800 Indy. Most of them have a hand in the ODA coziness from 2005 and after. At one time, Miss Piggy and Steve were buddies. I'm not holding my breath on any changes.

7. Rotorruss

8. Richard Wyeroski

That’s why the FAA needs to be restructured!

The good old boy club/revolving door practices is what caused the Max crashes!

Everett 757, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  9. Rotorruss

Unfortunately, the "regulator" won't ever be overhauled. The "deep state" won't allow it to happen. The revolving door will continue to be used and the lobbyist will continue to run 800 Indy. Congress will still do what the lobbyist want them to do while the flying public continues to be put at risk. In short, nothing will change with this or any other President.

10. Richard Wyeroski

Normally I would agree but 346 people can not be sweated under the rug. An accident here and there over a period of time is easier to cover up. An example would be the everglades crash with improperly stored oxygen generators! The FAA did poor oversite. The FAA Administrator at the time stepped down.........

Rubber stamping certifications is not new as you know. But as I said this time the FAA and Boeing got exposed!

Social media, like AIRNATION has been around for over 5 years exposing fraud, waste, abuse and criminal activity.

I believe with a President Like Donald J. Trump it is not going to be business as usual.......IMHO!!!!

Actually I have never been humble when it comes to the FAA

Everett 757, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  11. Rotorruss

The jury is still out on Steve. We'll see what he does. However, both AOA-2 and AVS-1 are revolving door users and lied in open forum. AFX-1 has strong ties to the lack of oversight from the safety side of the house. Being from Washington State, he knows the ins and outs of the system there. Until these people and their minions are removed, the "deep state" will continue to put the public at risk. Of course Congress put the public at risk by codifying 49 USC 44736. There is no way the regulator will get away from coziness now. It's built into the law.

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.