1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!
  2. Attention Video and Photo Posters: We are testing a new feature: 'Top Video/Photo' of the Day. We will 'sticky' a great video or photo each day (or so) and it will display at the top of the submissions. So post great stuff!

The Flying Car (AeroMobil 3.0) - It is about time !!

Discussion in 'Other' started by AeroDon, Nov 2, 2014.

1. AeroDon

AeroDon Administrator

United States United States

The AeroMobil 3.0 is the latest prototype flying car that its makers hope will revolutionise the transport industry. The upgraded model has significant improvements to the previous prototype, with a top groundspeed of 200 kph and a flight travel range of about 700 kilometres. Ben Gruber reports.

[​IMG]

This flying car looks pretty damn cool in both flight and road modes, but especially when it opens up like a transformer. After being certified by the Slovak Federation of Ultra-Light Flying, the AeroMobil 3.0 has started final regular flight-testing this month.

According to the company, it's very close to the final product now.

The AeroMobil 3.0 is not designed to be a car replacement, of course. It's made for suburban aviation enthusiasts who want reduced costs and being able to store their flying machines in their garages (just like the SkyRunner flying car is made for farmers who need to quickly cover long distances over rugged terrain.) So instead of having a Cessna at the airfield or some ultra-light airplane and a car to move it around, you have this at home and you go to the airfield anytime you want to fly.

I like the idea of being able to hop around the country using this thingamajig. A flying road trip of sorts. I would still like to get a P-51 Mustang and rent a car wherever I land, but this will do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More... http://sploid.gizmodo.com/new-aeromobil-3-0-flying-car-is-one-really-cool-transfo-1653343353

David Barnshaw and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Ralph1011

Ralph1011 Hangar Bronze Member I

United States United States
    A flying car...always a dream that will never have success...I have never seen a practical one yet...