1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Terrorist drone attacks real!

Discussion in 'Latest Airline News' started by Richard Wyeroski, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Authorities are worried that terrorist organizations are now using drones to attack the military and airports.

It's real and I believe the funding for all this is from Iran. They are flush with money thanks to Kerry and Obama giving Iran 150 Billion because of the so called nuclear deal!

How stupid are we???

The recent Attacks on London's Gatwick Airport is an indication the drones can and will bring down an aircraft.

The people caught doing this could just be a dry run!!! now the evil terrorist know they can take down a fully loaded aircraft and kill hundreds......
    image.jpeg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-fears-new-threat-isis-drones-n764246

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

They definitely want to try everything possible to create havoc and and major disruptions.

Lord Leighton likes this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

That would be all out war if they start to attack with drones. I believe there is no way to stop them. The only why is to attack the oftending country and destroy the leadership.o_O

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  4. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    The US military has confronted drone attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan for a few years now. They have developed defenses.
    One defense tactic is GPS jamming. Most hobbyist drones are reliant on GPS. The drones can be programmed to fly a route sequence autonomously if the radio frequency is jammed but they need GPS. However, jamming GPS has a significant ramification for commercial aircraft. RNAV and RNP airspace needs much wider separation standards which reduces traffic volume. ATC planners, especially in the US, have reduced ground based navigation aids to save costs and turned to GPS. The back-up for navigation is gone. A single GPS jammer can affect hundreds of square miles of airspace. About 4 years ago, I had a dual GPS failure at altitude because the Chinese navy was experimenting with GPS jamming.

Richard Wyeroski and Everett 757 like this.