1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!
  2. Attention Video and Photo Posters: We are testing a new feature: 'Top Video/Photo' of the Day. We will 'sticky' a great video or photo each day (or so) and it will display at the top of the submissions. So post great stuff!

Terrifying HARD Landing on a RyanAir 737: LiveLeak

Discussion in 'Boeing Videos & Photos' started by Lord Leighton, Jul 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Terrifyingly bumpy landing at UK airport
    image: https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_u/misc/ll2/hd_video_icon.jpg

[​IMG]
    A video has emerged from the UK showing a terrifyingly bumpy landing of a passenger jet at Leeds Bradford airport in the UK.

In the clip, which was filmed on board a Ryanair flight from Fuerteventura, Spain on July 14, the the aircraft appears to be being buffeted by wind on the approach to the runway.

The aircraft then appears to to bump down onto the tarmac with considerable force.

The filmer is thrown forwards and shrieks can be heard from other passengers.

According to the passenger who filmed the landing, it felt as though the aircraft "fell out of the sky" onto the runway.

"I have flown for many years, and this has had to be the first landing where I have thought the main gear was going to collapse," he said.

"Once on the tarmac... we were thrown from left to right trying to straighten up."
    "Frightening experience," he added.

Read more at

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
    xnwa, Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

Wow....:eek::eek:. That was a hard landing. I wonder if windshear was involved?

Rotorruss likes this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Bronze Member V

That wasn't that hard. Collapsed landing gear is a hard landing! It's what happens when you hit the tail against the building left of the windsock!!! deizbvsumaahfez.jpg