1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Standards reorganization...

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

United States United States
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

THe new Administrator will have to fix this when he takes office. Yes more management and less feet on the street. A true burocracy !!!

Watch the accident rate!.......a few 121's go in and it will hit the fan. Unfortunately that is what it will take!!!!

Rotorruss likes this.
  3. Rotorruss

...reminds me of the Abbott and Costello with "who's on first"??

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  4. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Refresh my memory- Wasn't this done because of 2 rogue inspectors in California?
    Eliminating different interpretations between regions should be a good thing, no?
    Please explain the disparagment.

Rotorruss likes this.
  5. Rotorruss

I'm sure there are several examples of differences in interpretation with the rules. Heck, even the "legal beagles" contradict each other with "legal interpretations". They just "shell gamed" everyone, and made the claim that the middle was cut. Along the way, they created new management positions, so they could get some "upward" movement for the "select few". They spent "gobs" of money for personnel training. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Rich can testify to the fact of applicants not getting checkrides in a timely manner. Other certifications aren't being done. If these things aren't happening, what else is slipping by?

It's sad that the NTSB keeps making safety recommendations and they continually go unfulfilled. It's time for the "core" mission of safety be done. Too many senseless crashes are happening because the agency is too busy doing "risk assessment" on the computer and not having a hands on approach.

Back to your interpretations statement. Bad information comes from several sources. If the sources are bad (policies, directives, past practices etc.), then you could come to a different conclusion. Now, they want everyone to think that cutting out the middle will solve the problem. Bad policy comes from the top. Now, who created the problem because of bad policy? Who failed to ensure that the workers were properly trained? Who failed to ensure that the workers were properly supervised? Who failed to ensure that the right people were put into the supervisor position?

A lot of people are eligible for retirement in the next 5 years. What better way to pad their high three by reinventing the wheel?

"Drain the Swamp" and "lock the revolving door"!!

6. Richard Wyeroski

......in my neck of the woods, very few FSDO Ops inspectors are current. It looks like the FAA is farming out check rides to DPE's. No FSDO inspector will do CFI Intial check rides. The 299 and 293 mostly are being done by check airmen for the companies? Getting a check ride takes time? The Safety program is going no where. It still costs 30 million bucks to run this boondoggle!

So what is the future? who knows, but I hope something is done soon.

7. Shawn White

Shawn White Hangar Silver Member I

I just took my CFI ride a few weeks ago. None of the FSDO's around Michigan had anyone to do the checkride with, although I was pretty happy with the DPE I went with. It was just surprising though that they couldn't get anyone for that.

Rotorruss and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

Congrats on moving up Shawn.....The FAA is getting out of certification work. Hard to say what their future is?

Rotorruss likes this.
  9. Rotorruss

...the "leaders" are bound and determined to keep the status quo of all the Inspectors going to FTW. If someone doesn't call this fraud, waste and abuse, I don't know what is. The same "leaders" are responsible for my injuries and disability!!

"Drain the Swamp, already"!!

BTW congratulations Shawn!

10. Richard Wyeroski

They all will be in dumped soon.

11. Rotorruss

... I'm trying to be patient. Maybe another shutdown March 23rd would help?? How many times can they be under a CR before they get the hint??