1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

So, the cowling just fell off!?

Discussion in 'Latest Airline Incidents' started by Richard Wyeroski, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Passenegers looked out the windows and saw this!!!!!

It would get your attention for sure. A mechanic did not tighten the screws?

Cowl Comes Loose On Frontier A320
    RUSS NILES
    [​IMG]

A Frontier Airlines A320 returned to Las Vegas immediately after takeoff on Friday after the right cowl flipped up on takeoff. The flapping aluminum met a predictable demise and passengers recorded the mishap with their phones. The short climb out and the quick return were reportedly routine but the plethora of smartphones at the ready made appealing video for the news cycle.

"Our pilots followed procedure and immediately returned to the airport,'' said airline spokeswoman Allison Redmon. "The engine continued to operate normally and the aircraft, an Airbus 320, landed safely. Safety is our top priority at Frontier Airlines and we would like to acknowledge the professionalism of our pilots and flight attendants.’’ Some passengers were reportedly a little less restrained. Passenger CJ Gunnerson tweeted that passengers were "jumping up screaming, slamming on the roof. Yelling stop."

2. Richard Wyeroski

A minor news story, so what they landed okay and no one got hurt!

The incident disappeared quickly, never to be seen again!

I guess one had to be there;)

3. Richard Wyeroski

I like the comment that some Passenegrs were jumping up and down yelling to STOP>>>>>>>>STOP>>>>>

I wonder if they know about V/1?......of course not, they were dumb to get up though and are lucky like many idiots are!

4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Capt shoulda came on and said 'This ain't F**king Cedar Point, Shut the F**K up and sit down".

Rotorruss likes this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

Fortunately he did not have to stop as these fools would have became missles and bounced off the overhead!

6. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

Maybe knocked some sense in to them if they did? Oh that’s right, I forgot, there is no vaccine or cure for stupidity. :rolleyes:

7. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Hmm....
    "Safety is our top priority at Frontier Airlines and we would like to acknowledge the professionalism of our pilots"
    Yeah.....

Not only are the cowl doors open but the thrust reverser sleeves are opened as well,
    on a type known for cowl door problems. If safety was Frontier's primary concern,
    the pilots and mechanics would ensure the cowl doors were properly latched by visual inspection.
    This requires the arduous task of squatting on one's knees no matter the weather.
    I have a word for their safety- I call it "LAZY".
    Probably haven't done the mandatory AD either since it gives 36 months to comply.

8. Richard Wyeroski

.......well now they have a repair that will cost a few hundred k not counting the lost of service of the aircraft

Another incident which could have resulted in an accident!

This will pass and be forgotten. until as we say the big one occurs!

9. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

Just goes to show how hazardous the lack of oversight after conducting maintenance can be. Bet they were trying to keep the schedule and missed the buttoning up process. Just another incident without consequences since the "regulator" doesn't do enforcements anymore for this stuff.