1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Santa Monica to close!

Discussion in 'Airport News, Talk & Discussion' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    The FAA caved and cut a deal, if you call it that, to allow the airport to close in 2028. However the city is allowed to immediately shorten the one runway to 3500 feet. This move will severely effect the airport and force many operators and aircraft to leave.

This move by a few politicians will severely effect commerce in the area and the FAA has let down the public by allow such a move. Administrator Huerta should be immediately removed by President Trump, since he is a lame duck Administrator with less then a year to go. A very bad decision by the FAA......

Again I say, How stupid are we?

>>>>>>>>>>MORE

http://ktla.com/2017/01/28/santa-mo...-in-2028-and-be-replaced-by-a-park-officials/

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    Hate to see another airport killed, but I do take a little delight in watching California commit slow suicide with their liberal policies.
    Let's watch them squirm when interest rates go up and they have to file for bankruptcy.

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

o_O

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Somtimes I wonder if piloticians really know where money comes from....other then taxes. Santa Monica produces millions in revenue for the area. Replacing it with a park is a joke. Shortening the runway is the death of the airport. However left liberals will learn when the barbarians are at the gate!!....and they are dragged into the streets...;)

5. Lord Leighton

Over here in the US, it's being called 'Commiefornia' by more and more people. This is just one reason why many people are moving out. New unconstitutional firearms laws and sanctuary(sanctimonious) cities are others. Can't wait to see the results of President Trump's election fraud investigation. (Jill Stein's recount effort was prematurely cancelled here in Michigan by her and the Dems when they found obvious Dem fraud in Detroit and it backfired on them. :p). Gov. Gerry Brown thinks he's sly. He streamlines his processes by giving illegals driver's Licenses knowing when ANYONE reaches the age of 18, the DL automatically registers one to vote, citizen or not. Get yer popcorn out. ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  6. Lord Leighton

"Piloticians"? Was that a pun? :D

7. Richard Wyeroski

:rolleyes:...Noooooo....I meant politicians....dumber then dumb turkeys....that look up when it rains and drown;)

Everett 757 likes this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

Soooo...right on....;)

Everett 757 likes this.
  9. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

10. Richard Wyeroski

......The new DOT Secretary Elaine Chano will call Huerta on the carpet for this back door deal between Obama and the left wackos for being loyal to Hillary!.....Huerta was just a political hack agreeing to this distruction of one of the nations oldest airports......Huerta should be dumped for this ....

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  11. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    Same s++t happened at Meigs field. Chicago returned the FAA's funds and thus canceled the agreement to keep the airport open.
    Shortening the runway may actually be a good idea because the majority of complaints are about jet noise (probably not warranted but that's how it is). The short runway will keep the jets out and lower the complaints. Then the airport won't be near the top of politician's to-do list and might stay open for more years.

Lord Leighton likes this.
  12. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Lord Leighton likes this.