1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Safest in 50 years??

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

United States United States
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Well we know how the numbers are all figured up. First off just go to many airfields around the country and you'll notice that there is very little activity. Blame the slow economy in the last eight years, the price of aviation fuel and the FAA dragging it's feet on what ever they can drag their feet on!

It is simple, General Aviation activity is down 50%. The accident rate is actually up because the numbers are the same every year with less activity. It is smoke and mirrors.

There has not been an death since 2009 in the airlines, however there has been many accidents and near misses. The layers of safety are gone. What this means is that there is very little oversight on maintnenance facilities. Maintenance failures are up, near mid air collisions are up, pilot error is up and ATC seperation failures are, Guess what !!, yes they are up!!

So who is kidding who? The flying public is exposed to more danger by flying twin jet aircraft over long over water routes. In the past this routes were only being flown by four engine jet aircraft.

Call it what you want, but the FAA is misleading the public......I afraid the whole parade is about to hit the wall. I thank God our pilots are still experienced and have averted accidents by bring their cripple aircraft back to safe landings.................

Rotorruss likes this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...so far this FY, the numbers in helicopter crashes are up. The crashes are bad enough that it's hard to call them incidents. I've seen crashes that were a "ball of tin" labeled as an incident.

Until the feds get serious about their jobs, the numbers will continue to be manipulated. The flight hours are an "estimate" and "just add 3% over last year"! It's real easy to "swag" the numbers so the feds can get their "bonuses"!

You are right to say, looking at the training airfields, not much activity going on. It will never be like the 70's, 80's and early 90's! I think that if it wasn't for the foreign students, the training would be even less. By having to have to have an ATP to get your "foot in the door" at the airlines, no one will spend 120,000+ for an "unliveable wage"!

The "warning signs" are there for anyone to see that the "big one" is coming. Unfortunately, those responsible for the "change in oversight" will be enjoying their "retirement" while those who were "injured and disabled" will have a "lifetime of pain and suffering"!

I am hopeful that the "great pilot" will be able to "right the ship" before the "big one" happens!!

4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

..... Huerta has damaged US aviation with his lame decisions and inaction to important problems. He did the White House dirty work for the Obama Administration. He was put in as Administrator because he had no clue what he was doing or the damage he has done!!!

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.
  6. Lord Leighton

Obama medal.jpg

:rolleyes:

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  7. Lord Leighton

I've heard the pay scale has akmost doubled for newbies recently in order to attract more of them. No more flop house digs.

Rotorruss likes this.
  8. Lord Leighton

Obama medal.jpg

:rolleyes:

Rotorruss and Richard Wyeroski like this.