1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Regulator and manufacturer...

Discussion in 'Latest Airline Incidents' started by Rotorruss, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

United States United States
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

After this crash this story was about the FAA and Boeing. There were problems with the Max yet the aircraft was still certified . Nothing happened and this story was ignored.

Then another airliner went down killing all aboard!

Yes it took a second crash killing everyone to force a real investigation for the cause.

I suppose we all are wondering why?

346 people are a lot to lose to fix a problem......

3. Rotorruss

..the acting Administrator was proud of himself that the regulator is a "data driven safety organization". I guess that one crash wasn't enough data for the corrupt 800 Indy morons to figure out the problem. They were counting on not having another crash with similar circumstances so soon as the first one. Any moron can read the sorry excuse of the certification report and tell where the problem was. Air Certification and Flight Standards has a lot to answer for. The regulator has 346 souls blood on their hands.

Drain the Swamp NOW!!!

4. Richard Wyeroski

I just read that Boeing cut production on the Max. 52 per month to 42. That’s a big cut and I am sure Airbus is smiling in the back room.....

5. Rotorruss

... they're lucky thry are able to build any at all. There are some big holes in the certification.

6. Richard Wyeroski

It’s ironic that the article came out just weeks before the second crash!

Yes I bet the morons were nervous! Say did any retire, transfer or leave the agency?

Circling the wagons won’t help on this one......I could think of other crashes that slid by. How about Airfrance 447. That one was caused by the pitot systems icing up and shutting down the auto pilot and setting of every alarm in the cockpit. The crew was confused and stalled the Airbus 340 at 35,000 feet FL-350.

The crash was played down and Airbus hired a retired FAA scumbag to lobby Washington and cloud over the crash.

Sick Bastards they are.....some are burning in hell now!

7. Rotorruss

The Senate needs to call the head of the certification groups and rake him ovro the coals. He's the same ol' SOB that approved the 787 battery through the Designee process. The number two head was responsible for the AEG group that did the FSB. Both of those people need to be retired or fired.

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  8. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

No doubt this is going cause a closer look at the new 777X certification.

Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  9. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

10. Lord Leighton

Funny how all this happens so close together outside of US/EU jurisdiction. Hmm?

11. Lord Leighton

I told you some nefarious entity is trying to harm Boeing and the US's largest corporation, right? There's something bigger goin on here folks.

Everett 757 likes this.
  12. Lord Leighton

Bigger holes somewhere else.

Everett 757 likes this.
  13. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

The second crash should have never occurred. I don't know if the Indonesians or Boeing were dragging their feet on the investigation of Lion Air accident but they knew they had a problem with the MCAS system and Boeing should have taken swift action to update or limit the system so lightning couldn't strike twice.
    Then the Ethiopian Airlines crash. Again a crash thousands of miles away not all to see out of the lounge windows at ORD. Why suddenly all the attention. For one even though an African airline Ethiopian Airlines does have a solid reputation in the industry unlike Lion Air with holes in its training and what seems to be the more secretive Indonesians. Second as Richard would say unfortunately the right people were killed. Half the passenger manifest were United Nations personnel not a group of bargain fare hunting Indonesians. Very sad because if the same intensity of attention were given to the Lion Air crash the Ethiopian crash may have never occurred.

We had to lose 346 human beings to wake somebody up. Now suddenly the light is thrown on the certification process. The MCAS system was important enough for the pilots to know about it and train in a simulator for it. If the engine placement changed the handling characteristics of the aircraft that much then the certification should have been more intensive, not self designated inspectors from the manufacturer who were motivate by Boeing to save money on transition costs for the airlines that came down to an E Learning on IPAD. Inexcusable

Now the certification process has come to the attention of the public and congress (who already knew about it) and the uproar begins. Now they are looking at changing the FAA's certification process. And a lot of people should lose their jobs over this at both the FAA and Boeing.

Like I said in a previous post if I could have self certified my own SAT scores I would have been accepted into NYU or Columbia. What were they thinking? The system finally failed.

14. Richard Wyeroski

Boeing management and FAA management .......yes they work together to save money at the expense of safety. Airbus lobbies the FAA big time. They hire former FAA managers to lobby their buddies in Washington. That is what is going on.

I have been saying this since I was forced out of the FAA.......They don't care. !!

So it is no surprise that two crashes occurred. Why did that 767 freighter crash?

Yes the system had failed. It will keep failing because all the safety measures have been removed to make money. It is profit over safety....

So now what?

Maybe someone should tell all those congressmen and Senators that ride on the airlines to wake up and fix the FAA........

Kevin and Everett 757 like this.
  15. Richard Wyeroski

I suppose I could add that I am concerned that that General Aviation still has 1200 accidents a year and 7-800 people die and every FAA effort to stop this or reduce it has failed for 30 years.......o_O

Lord Leighton, Kevin and Everett 757 like this.