1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

......refugees welcome no matter what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Amazing that so many people continue to support this administration and its blatant efforts to destroy our national security and the future of this country!!!! rv

441 Syrian Refugees Admitted to the U.S. Since the Orlando Attack, Dozens to Florida
    The Associated Press
    by CAROLINE MAY
    16 Jun 2016
    In the days since an Islamic radical murdered 49 people at an Orlando gay bar on,June 12, 2016 the Obama Administration has admitted hundreds more Syrian refugees to the United States, including placing dozens in Florida.
    According to State Department data, since June 12, 441 Syrian refugees have been resettled in communities across the U.S. Just five of the recent arrivals are Christian the rest are Muslim, including 434 Sunni Muslims and one identified as simply “Moslem.” One is listed as having “no religion.”
    The 441 new arrivals have been resettled across 26 states, with Illinois (60), Florida (49), and Arizona (38) taking in the most Syrian refugees over that four-day timeframe.
    Of the 49 new Syrian refugees resettled in Florida since the attack, 10 have been resettled in the greater Orlando area — with five resettled in Orlando proper and five resettled in Kissimmee. The rest of the refugees settled in Florida were placed in Clearwater (six), Delray Beach (five), Miami (five), Pensacola (five), Tampa (18).
    Florida Gov. Rick Scott says he is opposed to resetting Syrian refugees in his state amid ongoing vetting concerns. Tuesday, following the attack, Scott expressed frustration that the administration is refusing to share information about the Syrians placed in his state.
    “The White House said they will not share that information with the Florida law enforcement. They said, oh, that — those people have privacy rights,” Scott said during an appearance on Fox News.
    “What about our security rights?” Scott continued. “The security and making sure if you live in my state, you’re gonna be safe. I’m responsible for the safety of the people in my state. I’m fed up with the fact that we’re not destroying ISIS. We’re not vetting these people; we’re not taking care of our own citizens.”
    The Obama administration has dramatically increased its processing speed in order to meet the President’s goal of resettling at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the U.S. this fiscal year. The 1,523 Syrian refugees admitted so far this month have already exceeded last month’s record high of 1,069 Syrian refugee admissions.
    So far this fiscal year, the Obama Administration has admitted 4,328 Syrian refugees, 4,289 of whom are Muslims.

xnwa likes this.
  2. xnwa

xnwa Hangar Bronze Member III

The administration wonks are blindly following Obama's warped view of world and no one is stopping him.

3. Flytdeck

Flytdeck Hangar Bronze Member VI

Qatar Qatar
    Not sure how Syrian refugees linked to the Orlando disaster? Was the murderer from Syria?

What took place in Orlando is unspeakable, but so it what is taking place in Syria and displacing so many people. Americans have a justifiable reputation of being caring, generous people. This has what made the USA a global leader as the citizens are able to look beyond their own borders. Don't want to turn an aviation forum into a political or ethical debate but it would be negligent to not point out that as a country, the USA sets higher standards for others to strive for. This is what makes America a great country NOT walls or fences.

Lord Leighton likes this.
  4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Well, some conveniently ignored facts about the Oblahma administartion FD. If we CUT the HEAD off of the SNAKE(utter Annihilation) instead of containment, the refugees would have safe zones protected in their homelands far more safely and inexpensively. It would also eliminate about 95% of the internet recruitment of the 'Home grown' radicalization of the vulnerable. In the Orlando incident (as well as the San Bernadino incident), again the family was well aware of what was going on and well ahead of time, which equals COMPLICITY. If 'gun regulation' is the real problem, Why didn't Obama do something about it when he was partnered with BOTH a Democrat controlled house and senate? Huh? Most refugees (good peace loving people) would rather stay in their homelands too! The failed and ongoing Obama containment system allows for his agenda of globalizing the world as fast and as much as he can with his time remaining in office. A wall or Human Fence is logically correct in maintaining sovereignty, stopping illegals, drugs, and potential terrorists from ANYWHERE, who use Mexico as the easiest place to enter. Israel and the Vatican are good examples of where a wall has proven the best and most efficient way of protection. NO ONE (including Trump) is against LEGAL immigration despite what the left wing operated world wide media says and paints with a broad brush. Hillary wants to bring in 550% more of the amount of refugees flown in now, and in the middle of the night when airports are empty. She and Obama do this to try and bring in as many OBLIGATORY potential democrat voters (including by open border). This is NOT proper cricket. The Brexit vote result is testimony of all these truths I just layed out. TRANSPARENCY is when more and more people can SEE THROUGH all the current far left liberal Bull$h!t narrative being pushed on the free world today. ;):cool: PS: the video below is EXACTLY why when we are at war declared by ISIS and affiliates, that we need to Take them ALL out. War is War, Sorry we and our allies maintained freedom in WWII this way as well?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    xnwa, Drjohn, Flytdeck and 1 other person like this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

....a few well placed sand melting bombs will work....!

Drjohn and Lord Leighton like this.
  6. Richard Wyeroski

Looks like the hitler youth....? Or worse

Drjohn and Lord Leighton like this.
  7. Flytdeck

Qatar Qatar
    An excellent example of what the vast majority of the refugees are trying to escape. Most want no part of this. The problem is trying to weed out the impostors but the effort should be made rather than condemn the entire population.

We have made this mistake so many times in the past. Denying refugees entry or simply ignoring the warnings of imminent genocide has led to countless brutal deaths. As humanity (not American, British, Mexican, European) we are facing the same catastrophe in the Middle East. Hopefully we have not devolved to the point where our personal concerns for comfort take precedence over the suffering of others.

The British have decided to isolate themselves but it appears they are already starting to regret it. Cameron laid out (though not clearly) that an exit vote would display to the world how self involved Britain had become. The resulting vote may lay a pattern for other unions; the USA perhaps? Do we really want to live behind a wall such as Israel or the Vatican?

Rather than isolation, democratic and ethical values must be embedded through education. This video is an excellent example of why humanity, tolerance, and compassion must be put first and foremost in life's curriculum otherwise we give tacit approval to those who would exploit desperate lives to use to their own ends.

Now, who is in the best position to take this on?

Lord Leighton likes this.
  8. Lord Leighton

TRUMP. :)

Flytdeck and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  9. Richard Wyeroski

......I care about this country....we can not fix the problems of the world. Americans first....that is simply it.....

xnwa and Lord Leighton like this.
  10. Lord Leighton

Yep, this is the United States of AMERICA, not the United States of the rest of the world. A single Sovereign Nation with borders, Its own identity, a Constitution, laws to follow, and welcomes immigrants LEGALLY. Nobody is supposed to take 'Cuts' illegally. The USA has helped more countries around the world than ANYBODY else! We will not allow people with no way to check who they are to enter, threaten, and use our own Constitution as a shield for their nefarious acts. AMERICANS come FIRST! If King Obama had not pulled the troops from Iraq in the manner that he did, we would not have refugees here OR in Europe TO START WITH! The refugees would rather stay home and be in SAFE zones at least. He has allowed only containment since, instead of defeating ISIS which he is doing on purpose to hasten his globalization agenda. Great Britain took their country back from a loosing agenda. It's time for the USA to do the same regardless of the panic fabricated by the Far Left wing Elitist Establishment Media. Reality will rule, not some stupid destructive PC ideology!

11. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    The underlying problem has to do with Americans being told for the last decade to accept other cultures to point of losing their own culture. Americans don't want to change their culture. Immigrants of past generations adopted American ideals and traditions (although not so much the English:)) The current crop of immigrants don't want to adapt to American ideals and traditions. The political correctness has run amuck for too long and now there is a strong backlash under way. An astute politician would slow down the immigration so that Americans didn't feel threatened about losing their culture.

12. Flytdeck

Qatar Qatar
    Might one consider that the "me first" approach is what is causing the problems. Included in this approach is the justification to exploit any and all others in order to further one's personal well being. I am assuming that "Americans First" really translates into "ME first" otherwise American would be fully employed rather than the dearth of foreign workers?

Living outside North America for many years has slowly changed my personal perspective on global relations and interaction. The USA is one of the few effective leaders in the world; mostly a good thing but there are consequences. Though altruistically motivated, policies tend to morph toward political agendas backed by personal objectives. Policies fail as we are seeing in the Middle East. The consequences have made living conditions intolerable for a vast number of human beings. Does it really matter their nationality? They are HUMANS; men, women, and children. It is certainly easy to state: "Not my problem", but in hindsight, as world leaders, do not the citizens of the USA have a major role in causing the current disaster?

Many might blame President Obama and thus distance themselves from the problem. But the United States of America is based on a democratic foundation with elected politicians therefore, the leadership becomes EVERYONE'S leadership, not only those who voted for him/her. Their decisions and actions become EVERYONE'S decisions and actions (and consequences). Either one is a citizen of the UNITED States or one is not.

America's problems cannot be fixed with walls. As each year progresses, the country is more exposed both domestically and internationally. There is no single solution but one has to consider that only a GLOBAL approach will work. Maybe start with an attack on corruption by beefing up the World Courts (though this also might sting American politicians). Direct the resultant funds toward agricultural projects to feed the population then move on to shelter and education. Idealistic? So was the concept of the United States of America when an auster group of gentlemen gathered in Philadelphia so many years ago.

In the short term, does not the USA bear some responsibility for the refugees seeking safe harbour for their families? As ethical individuals, should we not be involved in aiding them? As for "American Culture", that is something that is learned by accepting and encouraging newcomers to participate in supporting a great Country.

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  13. Richard Wyeroski

Wise words Flydeck. I once believed we had a Christian duty to help those that need it. Love not war ? Help our fellow man. Unfortunately I must admit that 9/11 hardened my heart. Governments that are corrupt and have laws that suppress and kill their own citizens are rampant in the
    The Middle East, Where life means nothing. The US was founded on God and liberty for all.

I believe we are in an undeclared war now.....The US can not and should not trust the so called hoards of immigrants wanting to come here for freedom. It is a war and unfortunately it has just started.

This is one of the main reasons Donald J. Trump is going to become President of the United States. America first, build the wall and maintain our country of laws and belief in God and country and Liberty for all.....that deserve it!

14. Lord Leighton

"Immigrants of past generations adopted American ideals and traditions". The big difference is that the past generations were LEGAL immigrants. The current crop are mostly ILLEGALS let in by Obama.

15. Lord Leighton

"do not the citizens of the USA have a major role in causing the current disaster?"
    You are correct that in the USA that all the people must accept the elected in office. But the main thing here is the WAY the elected got elected. Duping the public with billions of dollars of false advertising. This subverts the actual will of all the people IF the truth would be told to start with. It has become this way to fit the agendas of a few. Now, the people are starting to see THROUGH this crap and are revolting against it in the voting booth like they did in Great Britain. This is true except in the US Democrat party that had it rigged from the start with super delegates in favor of Hillary, therefore the valid Democrat vote is being subverted. Don't forget that the laws regarding campaign finance rules here, were tossed out the window a relatively short time ago. The Shah of Iran prophetically said decades ago "The downfall of the USA will be its Media" No truer words have been spoken. The more money spent gets a false message out there more! There is a change coming. Hopefully, Good will triumph over evil in the USA evidenced by the augur of the Brexit vote, CAUSATION of very POOR or lack of 'leadership' in the free world globe. The people of Great Britain wanted to take their country back, just as it will be in the USA. The Devil knows this and is showing as many false faces as it can in attempts to subvert the Good.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    xnwa, Drjohn and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  16. Lord Leighton

,Illegally.

xnwa and Drjohn like this.
  17. Richard Wyeroski

The next terrorist attack in the US will fuel the hatred. Innocents always die first.....o_O

xnwa, Drjohn and Lord Leighton like this.
  18. Flytdeck

Qatar Qatar
    As I understand it, refugees who are accepted as refugees become legal immigrants therefore, civilians arriving here from declared war zones (Syria) are, by definition, legal.

Hope that those who conduct the landing interviews are gathering information on enemy placements, numbers, etc. People can be an amazing resource especially when they have been forcefully ejected from their homes.

Hatred can quickly destroy a country as Americans well know. It is interesting to compare what is happening now to what was occurring in Europe in the 1930s and 40s. America had decided that the best course of action was isolation allowing and turned a blind eye to the rape of Nanking and to what became the Holocaust. It was only after Pearl Harbor that the strength and will of the American population was directed to respond so vigorously and effectively. We also learned that the hatred directed to those citizens of foreign descent WITHIN the borders was misplaced. Let us not repeat our mistakes (or is this our destiny?)

What, exactly, is the reason for the political situation of today? Frankly I believe it is apathy that let the power shift from the people to a relatively small group of elite individuals. Unfortunately this has also spawned the suffering and pain of those now displaced in homelands that have turned into violent battlefields. Possibly there is a reluctance to see these refugees face to face because of the guilt associated with their predicament?

If America has decided it no longer wishes to be the leader of the free world, the standard of democracy and ethical humanity, then stand up and admit it. Hunker down and eventually the rest of the world will come to consider America irrelevant and likely stop bothering to attack it. Making America "Great Again" means making it great as a global leader because, as Britain is finding out, breaking up is hard to do (BREXIT regret?). I would suggest that Americans isolated within their own country and focused on internal issues may find their internal problems more difficult to solve than their global ones. They may also consider they may be better off as individual states rather than a nation.

19. Lord Leighton

I'm sorry, but the American PEOPLE want to be the leader of the free world as it always was in the position of strength as a WHOLE nation, It is 'King Obama' who wants America to be irrelevant and join a 'global community' of WEAK leadership as evidenced by his inconceivably feckless actions or in most cases INACTIONS during his administration. He has tried to write and enforce his own laws outside of Congress. Our Forefathers put in place a check and balance system to ensure the USA does not turn into some Monarchy or dictatorship. Congress is the only dept tasked with ENACTING laws, NOT a 'King' or President. Obama has also been the ONE influence who has caused the biggest divide and causer of hatred within our own 'borders'.
    You are WRONG in assuming that refugees become legal immigrants JUST BECAUSE the President decides to over ride Congress and allow refugees into the country without proper vetting. What about the immigrants who came here LEGALLY and have spent the time and resources in becoming a VALID US citizen? You may want to perceive Obama as being 'humanitarian' when in fact all he is doing is fast tracking future democrat voters in the time he has left. Obama CANNOT by law enact his own laws with the stroke of a pen as evidenced many times that he has done through his time in office.
    Again FD, If Obama had NOT pulled out the troops in Iraq in the manner that he did (to fulfill a campaign promise) and had he NOT followed an agenda of containment only, there would NOT be all the refugees in Europe, Canada and the USA. The weak leadership in the EU is also testament to this. The refugees would still be in their own countries and in safe zones at least.
    Any 'Brexit Regret' is an attempt by the global left wing elitist establishment media who is trying to cause a false panic. I assure you, the people of Great Britain thought this out well in advance of the vote. Manipulation by the big money media such as this, is exactly what the people have rebelled against sanely in Britain and it is an augur of things to come in the US also.

Drjohn and Flytdeck like this.
  20. Flytdeck

Qatar Qatar
    Clearly stated but my point is that President Obama is the ELECTED President of a democratic country therefore represents the wishes of the people. The PEOPLE are responsible for his position of leadership therefore bear responsibility for his actions which has been a major factor in generating the refugee crisis. There are consequences to ignorance and apathy at ALL levels. There are also consequences for leadership and compassion.

His position constitutionally allows him to permit entry of refugees (not a constitutional expert so am admittedly parotting CNN) into the country. At that point (feet dry), they cannot be differentiated from legal immigrants UNLESS their refugee application is proven false. This is the directive of the leader of the USA, the person CHOSEN by Americans. If he has made the wrong choice, then the People are responsible. At this point only a thorough examination of the background of each individual PROVING they were not a refugee would have them ejected (going to take quite a lot of capital and patience for that but if there is a will, there is a way).

For many of these people, containment is synonymous to death. We have turned a blind eye in China, Germany, Africa... is this really the direction we should be heading or are we so self-consumed that we just don't care of the fate of those outside arbitrary borders. Is containment really an appropriate response?

As for being a leader of a free world, it can't be done behind a wall or through isolation. Leadership means being globally involved and reaching out which appears to be in direct conflict with certain "politicians". As a democratic nation, the citizens of the USA will have to decide whether to become a walled off, politically and economically isolated nation OR continue to be a world leader.

LL. Did you just call the Washington Post "elitist establishment media"? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...who-really-wanted-brexit-will-regret-it-most/