1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Realistic flight training....

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    FF34255A-FE80-4374-8BE0-98634E74A6B3.jpeg
    Now that is realistic:cool:

2. Richard Wyeroski

more.......

Pilots are aloud 10 hours rest between flights that actually is not 10 hours

It starts when they leave the cockpit. It does not count travel time home, getting read for bed or being at the airport 1 hour prior to flight........

E086E259-B7C1-4780-B2BC-69B4AA9AD59F.jpeg

Lord Leighton, Everett 757 and Kevin like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

I recall years ago it was 8 hours if I'm not mistaken. People don't understand it's not 10 hrs from the time you get home or to your hotel room. Hertz policy is 8 hours between shifts. So I have to work until 1130PM walk to the Employee Parking Lot drive an hour home. Eat something when I get home and maybe watch a little TV. Get up about an hour before I have to commute back and hour to be in at 7:30AM. So all in all I spent about 4 of my 8 hours just going to and from work and eating. That leaves 4 hours sleep. Now that's for just a manager for a car rental company not responsible for hundreds of lives. Do people feel comfortable knowing their pilots are pretty much doing the same thing. Should be 12 hours at least that gives a little bit more margin.

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

A cool 14 hour duty day with 10 hours in between for rest. After doing that for a week it gets old!

Very dangerous, but what could go wrong ......there are auto pilots and the flight attendant will bring food to the cockpit!

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.