1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

President Trump signs a Law that Radically changes Life for Airline Pax: Flightaware

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Lord Leighton, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

A lot of new Regulations.........;)

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

....if you carefully read all 1204 pages, there are an awful lot of studies the "regulator" will be doing. After the studies are done, the regulations will start being written. The attached is for the "seat standards". The regulator will use the current minimum from all the carriers current measurements. Doubt many regulations will be written by the time the 5 year Reauthorization is up.

This was just another congressional feel good bill signed into law. Meanwhile, more body bags will be filled one at a time. SAD!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

We all know here that the FAA has ceased being a safety agency. When I was in the FSDO, the Regional Office was more concerned in hiding that real accident statistics. Cover up and shut up was the norm. My problems started when I actually reported problems in the field. My accident reports were changed to incidents.

All this garbage came out of Washington Headquarters. They hid the real problems from Congress. Just like they are doing now!

So the only way change will come is when the big one has the right people killed in the news.

I am always amazed that Congressmen and Senators seem to look the other way about aviation safety. Yet they all fly on airlines constantly.

The shift to Twin Jet wide body operations and the lack of enforcement of bogus parts will all contribute to the risks the industry will be operating under.

I have done what I could do right down to losing my job as an FAA inspector. I have blown the whistle on sights like AIRNATION and went on the news to report problems.

FAA has had much luck. Many near misses and emergency returns were everted by "luck" Our pilots were able to bring the aircraft safely to the ground or avoid a mid-air at the last second.Thank God for TCAS ....and our excellent pilots........we are lucky for now, but again things are changing as the industry approaches a pilot shortage and standards are lowered.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  5. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...well, it will have to wait another 5 years since the Reauthorization passed. While the cabinet was asked to trim 5 percent off the budget, the "regulator" will enjoy not having to worry much about it. Let the "empire building" continue!!

Richard Wyeroski likes this.