1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

NTSB wants...

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

United States United States
  2. Biggles

Biggles Hangar Bronze Member III

I took a balloon flight about 20 years ago and at that time the pilot told me there was no such thing as a balloon instructor. If you wanted to learn you needed instruction from a commercial balloon pilot. So since I had a valid private license, I was able to log about 90 minutes balloon time. I don't know what the rules are now.

Rotorruss likes this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

... pending any new regs, that's about the size of it. The "regulator's" response to the issue, based on the performance based risk, there isn't enough to warrant a change in the oversight and rule changes. Just who is the "regulator'' supposed to be insuring safety for?? It looks like the public gets it in the shorts again. Why do we even have a "regulator" if they aren't going to do their job??

Biggles likes this.