1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!
  2. Attention Video and Photo Posters: We are testing a new feature: 'Top Video/Photo' of the Day. We will 'sticky' a great video or photo each day (or so) and it will display at the top of the submissions. So post great stuff!

Norwegian Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Full Throttle departure at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Discussion in 'Boeing Videos & Photos' started by pitrixplanespotting, Aug 19, 2019.

1. pitrixplanespotting

pitrixplanespotting Hangar Associate Member V

Belgium Belgium

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Real nice plane! Never understood one of the worst liveries ever, looks 2 quarts low

Everett 757 likes this.
  3. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

:D:D

Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member IV

Norwegian is ending service from SWF to Dublin on Sept 14 blaming the continuing 737MAX grounding as the reason. They have been wet leasing an Evelop Airlines of Spain Airbus A330 to handle their summer traffic out of SWF. It seats 388 in high density economy seating, every night every seat sold in addition to the the 2 Jet Blue flights, one to FLL and the other to MCO using the Embraer 190 also usually sold out, arriving and departing at the same time makes space in the small terminal pretty tight with passengers complaining of the lack of room and the one TSA check point with no Pre-Check available. Ah yes the fun of cheap travel. Norwegian is not going out without a bang though they are operating "charter" flights for the next week to Barcelona using their own 787-9 departing at 2300 which makes the TSA workers very happy who usually gone by 2100 closing the gate on the escalators to the upstairs gate area. So last night I had the pleasure of seeing the Norwegian B787-9 being serviced for its Barcelona flight parked next to the employee parking. Beautiful aircraft. Yes the livery does leave something to be desired strange design but still a beautiful plane.

The Norwegian CEO in a press release saying he is ceasing all flights from the US to Ireland which also depart from Providence, RI on Sept 14 again citing the cost of leasing aircraft for the routes and not having the 737MAX available for the slower off season months. Even if the 737MAX were to return to service Norwegian says they would not return to Newburgh or Providence because since it's introduction in 2017 the routes have been unprofitable.

The Port Authority of NY/NJ is now stuck with the task of completing its 37,000 square foot Customs area it was building for Norwegian when it was initially operating 5 flights a day from SWF. I'm sad to see Norwegian go. Despite the cramped terminal it was nice as and employee to feel like I was back at LGA again with its hustle/bustle and more diverse passenger mix. Now the largest scheduled aircraft will be the 4 times a week flights by Allegiant with it's A319 and A320 to Sanford, FL, Myrtle Beach and Punta Gorda, FL. The 3 times daily flights by American Eagle routes to PHL, Delta's CRJ200 to DTW and Jet Blue's 2 flights daily to FLL and MCO using the Embraer 190. I told my coworkers I really don't feel like I'm working at a real airport. I wonder if the Port Authority will change the name form New York Stewart International Airport back to just Stewart Airport Newburgh, NY. I guess not for marketing reasons.

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  5. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

On my trip a few days ago from DTW to FLL and back, at FLL I saw some Allegiant, 1 AZUL A-300 or 330, and some Silver Airways(growing little local airline) planes there as an example of what I'm not used to seeing in Detroit. FLL leaves a little to be desired(sub standard AC system) for instance. The runways there seem a lil short too because our A-321 used reverse thrust hard and long as well as max takeoff power too(made me wonder how the B/A 777 is saw handles it). TSA was no prob at either airport. DTW has come a long way especially the McNamara terminal, lots of choices in restaurants etc that are hard to find around the Detroit area itself, the sky train and they're tearing down an old terminal at the moment too. Delta sure has a majority stake(Hub) at DTW and their endless terminal is top notch to me. My daughter pointed out something funny on the Delta drink napkins. If ya don't read the message on them carefully at first glance, it looks like it says "THE WORLD IS BETTER WITH OUT YOU IN IT" :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Everett 757 and Kevin like this.