1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

My day at the airport

Discussion in 'Airport News, Talk & Discussion' started by Richard Wyeroski, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Well it was to be a nice day on the weekend. I had three flights lined up. One with a young 16 year old starting to learn to fly. Her father bought a Cessna 150 for her lessons. The second lesson was to finish oFf a fellow going for his commercial Certificate......yep he got it a few weeks later.

Later in the day stopped by the hangar to start an owner assisted annual and start the paper work on an annual inspection. Owner needed to get some parts and so far the aircraft looks good and the engine passed it differential compression check with no problem and there was no metal in the oil screen and fIlter......good!

Decided to Fly Juliet a little since she was sitting on the ground too long!

Mean while the boys next store to our hangar, decided to fly one of the war birds after doing maintnenance on it!.......never get us to the sound of those engines!!!

Stopped by the airport diner for some food met a bunch of pilots and we talked about aviation and set up a “flight Review” for next week.......

Last lesson, did a bunch of touch and goes with another student working on his private.

The airport was busy with parachute jumping, Banner towing and the gliders were out that day too!....

A busy day and everyone got down safe.................

2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

Rich, thanks for sharing such a great day! :cool:

3. Richard Wyeroski

......When we get a bad day weather wise the airport dinner is a place to go for hangar flying and then do some work on aircraft......I often think how lucky we are in America with our aviation system. An average person can learn to fly and even own an aircraft......All it takes is time, money and enthusiasm......I think the kid coming to the airport to watch the planes and work for flight time is coming back!:)

4. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    Enjoy it while you can. The Dems will win in 2024 and that ill mark the beginning of the end.

5. Richard Wyeroski

Well the Dem clown bus has been running all over the country clawing the President names and IMHO it will be a Republican sweep in 2020. After all what would we do with all those airliners and Guns?

Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  6. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Not bloody likely. The Dems are stepping themselves into the tar pit of extinction. McCabe's upcoming indictment/prosecution will be the start of a D5 avalanche and he has said repeatedly that "If I go down, everyone else is goin with me". That's how these rats roll anyway and they all know it. Hillary's even said it numerous times. This is why they held back on Comey's turn on low prison time charges. He's goin down on big time charges + and it's gonna go all the way up to Obozo. "The future proves past" ~ Q ;)

Attached Files:

7. Exuma Guy

Bahamas Bahamas
    If the past predicts the future, McCabe will commit suicide with 2 bullets to the back of the head just before testifying.

8. Exuma Guy

Bahamas Bahamas
    Yes, the incumbent Trump will win 2020, but after that, the big correction will take place. Today's attack on Aramco's biggest refinery is the start.
    If oil production is restored to keep the price under $60/barrel, the economy stays fine. If further attacks erode oil production, inflation hits the US because Trump won't allow Iran and Venezuela to sell oil.

9. Richard Wyeroski

Yes......the Iranians still have a lot of money left over to pay for terrorism around the world......Thanks to Obama and Kerry!......yep the nuclear deal got a lot of people around the world killed!

10. Lord Leighton

Yup, They just filled it with gas.

Attached Files:

Rotorruss likes this.
  11. Lord Leighton

Remember, The US is now completely SELF sufficient with energy. OPEC and the like are punk a$$es. The US dictates oil prices. You aren't aware yet of the non nuclear self renewable clean energy source to be announced that will replace oil but not the companies/employees of. I believe it's called 'Thorium'.(The Dems/NWO Deep State Cabal know about it too, that's why they're insanely desperate now with absolutely zero recourse, not even the climate warming scam to fund them) The US owns most of the world's supply. Outside of wakin up next to Melania every morning, why ya think Trump hasn't aged when everyone else would have caved, shriveled and disappeared long ago under the relentless pressure that only he will endure? He thrives on it, lmao! Buy Gold/Silver my friend. As for 2024, Don Jr. is the current favorite and is going to be running for mayor of NYC as a grooming for, but he's a lil too emotional for the Presidency as yet IMHO. My prediction is Eric will get the nod as he's more level headed at this time. I won't count out Ivanka either, but she can be too liberal in a few ways. ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  12. Lord Leighton

Yep and more to come, but by now, they're throwing only boomerangs, :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  13. Lord Leighton

Btw, My newest Sweatshirt ~ Q

Attached Files:

14. Exuma Guy

Bahamas Bahamas
    Au contraire...
    I'm quite aware of thorium molten salt reactors. China and India have the biggest reserves of thorium, not the US. India is ahead of the US in testing (the US stopped in 1977). I also know that the public perception that thorium reactors don't produce weapons grade fissile materials is absolutely wrong. There will still be nuclear waste to dispose of but with shorter shelf lives than current nuclear waste. That means that China will still be burying their nuclear waste in the Sudan desert without telling the Sudanese.... As for this discussion, it won't disrupt energy production prior to the 2024 election. Oil prices will control inflation in the US.

15. Lord Leighton

Oil won't go away fast and I agree after 2024. This # thorium is non nuclear.

Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  16. Exuma Guy

Bahamas Bahamas
    "Thorium (chemical symbol Th) is a naturally occurring radioactive metal found at trace levels in soil, rocks, water, plants and animals. Thorium is solid under normal conditions. There are natural and man-made forms of thorium, all of which are radioactive.The number of particles emitted is related to the radioactive half-life of the isotope, which is about 14 billion years for natural thorium (thorium-232). The other type of radiation hazard is from gamma rays, which can penetrate the body and pass through the air. The number of particles emitted is related to the radioactive half-life of the isotope, which is about 14 billion years for natural thorium (thorium-232). The other type of radiation hazard is from gamma rays, which can penetrate the body and pass through the air."

It is radioactive. I learned about this type of reactor from a nuclear physicist.

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  17. Lord Leighton

My mistake, maybe it's called somethin else is what I'm referring to.

Everett 757 likes this.