1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Missing AirAsia flight: Search operation halted, to continue early Monday

Discussion in 'Latest Airline News' started by vegli, Dec 28, 2014.

1. vegli

vegli Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    [​IMG]
    An Indonesian search and rescue agency official points at his computer screen to the position where flight QZ8501 went missing. - AFP

AirAsia Emergency Call Centre: +622129850801

JAKARTA: Rescuers scouring the Java Sea for a missing Indonesia AirAsia flight QZ8501 plane with 162 aboard halted their search at nightfall on Sunday, Indonesia's transport ministry said.

"We ended at 5.30pm (6.30pm Malaysia) because it was getting dark. The weather was also not too good as it was getting really cloudy," transport ministry official Hadi Mustofa said.

"Tomorrow (Monday) we will begin at 7am, or even earlier if the weather is good," he added. - AFP

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/28/Airasia-search-halted/

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Speaking of Indonesia (Bali), anybody heard from Bart lately? Seems to have been MIA since that last typhoon a few weeks ago?

Everett 757 likes this.
  3. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

Oh, that's right. I haven't heard anything. Hope he is ok.

Lord Leighton likes this.