1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Mid-air mitigation???

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

United States United States
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

The FAAST team offers no solutions and no help to reduce the accident rate. The cost of 30 million a year is a lot of money to spend with no results?

Rotorruss likes this.
  3. Rotorruss

....well, here we sit in shutdown. Wonder what the next move is when the agency reopens? If safety education is delegated to private and commercial groups. How many RIFs will be and what for. ATC is still on the job. If it was privatized, they would be getting paid. All it will take is the "big one" and the agency will be back to work with a reauthorization. Hopefully, there will be a permanent adminstator by then too.

4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

I believe the FAA will delegate more and more of their responsibilities to the private sector. In my neck of the woods there is only one FSDO inspector that I know of that is current and doing checks!

The FASST team guys kind of do nothing at the safety meetings other then saying a few words and bringing in literature to give the pilot group. The programs are controlled by the private sector and paid for by sponsors from local businesses that love aviation. I see the same faces all the time. The pilots having the accidents never come to meetings. So it is the same ole same ole meetings......they repeat themselves.

Actually it does not surprise me at all because upper FAA management has either an airline mentality or has no experience with G/A or they are maintnenance personnel!!and are not pilots!!

It has always been strange the way the FAA operates, I know given a chance I would scrap the whole system and start over!!

Yes, as former Administrator Huerta disappears over the horizon after five years, I could say he really did not know why he was doing. A question to ask is how many fatalities are simply his fault for taking a job he was not qualified for?........We will never know........

PS get me before Congress or a Senate hearing and I will tell them.....just that!

Thanks

5. Rotorruss

.... what's sad is the agency makes changes and claims safety improvements. TAA was supposed to make IFR safer. NTSB says no difference in accident numbers. BRS was supposed to make things safer. Fatalities even with aircraft with BRS. Same crashes, different day and pilots.

We'll see how the alphabet groups improve safety when they get designed. If they can't get those who don't attend anyway, we could still see the same thing with accidents as we have now.

The agency says they have restructured to meet the changes in aviation and its needs. The days will be gone for having experience and the people will have checklist to follow during any technical inspections. Risk will be spit out of the computer.

There will be a time where the agency will be working more UAS and rocket launches than traditional aircraft interests. So, depending on what the congress does with ATC, the agency could be a fraction of what it is now.

https://www.avweb.com/blogs/insider/When-Government-Cant-Keep-Up-230190-1.html

"Stay tuned to the same bat channel"!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  6. Rotorruss

Maybe everyone needs to go back to basics???

Richard Wyeroski likes this.