1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Lion Air CVR...

Discussion in 'Latest Airline News' started by Rotorruss, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

United States United States
    Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

Wow, it was dug out from under 26 feet of mud on the sea floor. :eek:

Kevin, Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

I have listened to my share of CVR tapes. They are helpful and I think we know the answer here. Why couldn't the crew disconnect the autopilot The AOA malfunctioned sending erroneous information that the aircraft was at a high angle of attack when it was not!

The fact that Lionaire has been know to cut corners and overwork crews should be in the forefront of the investigation. The fact that Southwest, a US carrier had some of these aircraft and did not know of the so called changes to the system is another factor.

What roll the US has in the investigation is unknown and will the Idonesian government be transparent be in their investigation is so far suspicious !

Yes let the games begin...........

Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Yes, the CVR is tough to listen to. It's amazing how sensitive the microphones are. It will at least give some insight to why the crash happened.

As planes get more automated, understanding systems becomes more important. If a US carrier didn't know about the system, you can bet a third world carrier didn't know. The puzzling thing is the crew before did something to take the trim offline. Why did they know to take it offline?

Unless you're IMC, you should be able to fly it by outside references. It reminds me of the study that pilots are losing their ability to manipulate the controls.

You are right. This crash will be forgotten. It's sad that people had to die just to expose the holes that allowed the crash to happen.

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.