1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Lion Air B-737 MAX 8 out of Jakarta takes a plunge into the Ocean: FR24

Discussion in 'Latest Airline Incidents' started by Lord Leighton, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/flightradar24-data-regarding-lion-air-flight-jt610/

[​IMG]
    Flightradar24 Data Regarding Lion Air Flight JT610
    Posted on: 2018-10-29 /
    Categories: Major Incident
    Lion Air flight JT610 departed Jakarta for Pangkal Pinang at 06:20 local time (23:20 UTC) on 29 October and lost contact shortly after departure. Flightradar24 received the last ADS-B message from the aircraft at 23:31:56 UTC at an altitude of 425 feet AMSL. The flight was operated by Boeing 737 MAX 8 registration PK-LQP. The aircraft was delivered to Lion Air on 13 August 2018, just over two months ago and entered service with the airline on 18 August. It is powered by two CFM LEAP-1B engines.

JT610 flight path
    The aircraft departed Jakarta at 23:20 UTC. Last data was received from the aircraft 11 minutes later at 23:31 UTC.

[​IMG]
    Flight path of Lion Air JT610

JT610 granular ADS-B data
    Normal ADS-B data is processed at a 5 second interval for display on Flightradar24’s website and mobile apps. Granular data is stored as received in intervals much smaller than 5 seconds. We have downloaded the granular ADS-B data from receivers in the area and processed it. The full granular CSV file for the flight is included below for download. The first chart below shows the Calibrated altitude (feet, above mean sea level), Ground speed (knots), and derived Vertical speed (feet per minute) received as part of the ADS-B data from the aircraft for the entire flight.

[​IMG]

The second chart below shows the same graph, but only displays the data for the last minute of received data.

[​IMG]

Download Flightradar24 data
    Below are the basic CSV file for the flight, with standard update frequency, the KML file, and the granular data with increased signal frequency.

Download the basic CSV file
    Download the KML file
    Download the granular CSV file

Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Loss of control on take off? What could of happened?

Modern aircraft do not suddenly crash on take off. The possibility of terrorism, a bomb or pilot induced is a strong possibility.

A double engine failure could only be caused by fuel contamination.

The NTSB will be envolved because the aircraft is US manufactured and only a few months old......Sad may they all RIP!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Kevin, Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

188 souls on board.........RIP

4. Lord Leighton

20 Indonesian government officials on board. Hmm, Hillary refuel it? Plane was only 2 months old! I smell a rat.

5. Lord Leighton

6. Richard Wyeroski

They brought down an airliner a few years back with a small bomb that damaged the Horizontal Stablizer.......When they find the so called black box and cockpit voice recorder CVR, we will get a better picture of the accident? (terrorist activity)

Kevin, Rotorruss, Everett 757 and 2 others like this.
  7. Richard Wyeroski

Now we know the cause even though it will take the NTSB a full year to publish anything. Social media exposes the problem within weeks. Yet NTSB will not respond. I suppose it is the old procedure before the public had cell phones with instant access to the Internet!

We know know there was a design error and pilots not properly trained that caused this terrible accident that killed 189 souls.

It seems the goal here is to finger point and let the terrible story disappear from the news until the public literally forgets.

Could it happen again? I wonder? I want to know why two pilots could not just disconnect a "rune-a-way" trim? Their instruments would have indicated a severe nose down pitch. Pilots practice run-a-way trim problems all the time? IS THERE A DESIGN PROBLEM HERE?

We may never get a clear answer as statistics point out that 75% of all accidents are caused by the pilot!

We here at AIR NATION will be watching!

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

Now let's add all the "IF's" into the reason the crash happended

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    While many people want to blame the pilots or Boeing, we think it is very important to take the following into account:

• If the crew would have identified the problem correctly and deactivated the automatic trim and manually trimmed the aircraft, the accident might not have occurred.
    • If Boeing would have put together operating procedures, checklist and training for an AoA sensor malfunction and introduction to MCAS in a transition course, the accident might not have occurred.
    • If Boeing or its supplier would have designed a more robust AoA sensor or MCAS, the accident might not have occurred.
    • If the FAA would have required Boeing from the start to inform pilots about the MCAS, the accident might not have occurred.
    • If the FAA would have required a more robust design for an important augmentation system such as the MCAS, the accident might not have occurred.

9. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...the "regulator" has become toothless and irrelevant. The NTSB won't say much of anything since it happened with another country's operator. The only thing the NTSB will do is to make any other recommendations that haven't already been done. Until the government is held accountable for their lack of oversight, nothing will change. SAD!!

10. Richard Wyeroski

The accident happened on October 29th 2018. The NTSB has not come out with a preliminary report after almost a month ? Unusual or maybe they are not being allowed to conduct any investigation by the Indonesian Authorities!

A horrific crash with 189 dead and nary a response other then a weak AD by the FAA and no NTSB prelim. I wonder why!

11. Rotorruss

...once the CVR is recovered, the technical support from the NTSB won't be needed. The NTSB usually doesn't write a report on foreign country crash. If there's something that the US has been lax on, the NTSB and the State Department will be the Points of Contact. The "regulator" may get called to question to the certification process of the 737 MAX. By that time, those who are responsible will have retired. No one, except for the manufacturer will be held accountable for any liability in the design. If the government is named, they will be protected by the AGC snd DOJ.

12. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

And all because of some type of failure, 189 souls perished. :(

13. Rotorruss

14. Lord Leighton

This may seem way out there but stranger things have happened. Now there is 'speculation' from some in the know of secret systems(Field McConnell of Abel Danger) that GE, an outside supplier to Boeing, may have installed an 'Uninterruptible Autopilot'(remote control) on this plane(and how many others?) as well as on MH-370(the same plane aka MH-17) without Boeing's knowledge which may explain that this fictional 'MCAS' system (that no one seems to know of or anything about being written into the manual or pilot training(can't write or train on what you don't know about)) that is being used as an excuse for this incident. I guess we might speculate the implications of all this? The Q-uestion is WHOM? How many big bankers were on board this LionAir flight 610 might be a good Q-uestion. They might as well call this system the 'Rothschild 6969'? :eek:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  15. Rotorruss

16. Lord Leighton

Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  17. Rotorruss

18. Lord Leighton

Richard Wyeroski and Everett 757 like this.
  19. Richard Wyeroski

........yes so CNN is biased and does not report the news! They continue to bash the government even though the economy has improved and the country is safer then ever

We have President that truly puts the interests of America first. Times are a changing but CNN will not report it!

WHY!o_O........

Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  20. Lord Leighton

Because they know their days of reporting NWO propganda are soon to come to an end, as well as the rest of the leftist MSM outlets. ;)

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.