1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

l Al Airlines Boeing 747 Flight LY 008 John F. Kennedy, New York To Ben Gurion, Tel Aviv-Yafo

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by mishazeltser, Dec 5, 2013.

1. mishazeltser

mishazeltser Hangar Bronze Member III

Israel Israel
    [Full Flight] El Al Airlines Flight LY 008 John F. Kennedy, New York To Ben Gurion, Tel Aviv-Yafo 30/11/2013 - 1/12/2013
    4X-ELA El Al Israel Airlines Boeing 747-458

Lord Leighton and FlyerKing17 like this.
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    El Al Pays for extra security included in your ticket. I remember Landing in Munich on a TWA 757 in 1986 and as we pulled up to the gate there was an El Al 747 parked next to us. It had about 16 commandos stationed around it all with Uzis.

3. Yitschak

Yitschak Hangar Associate Member II

Israel Israel
    Actually, the security expenses are paid by the government, i.e. the taxpayer, making El Al and the other two major Israeli airlines Arkia and Israir, probably the safest airlines in world to fly.

Lord Leighton likes this.
  4. David Barnshaw

David Barnshaw Hangar Gold Member I

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think all this extra security for Israeli aircraft is the result of a terrorist high-jacking of one of their aircraft at LHR many years ago,lead- I believe-by a woman by the name of Leila Kaled (I might have spelt the name wrong).

Sierra1 and Lord Leighton like this.
  5. Yitschak

Yitschak Hangar Associate Member II

Israel Israel
    The better security I imagine is because of centuries old terrorism against Jewish civilians. Leila Khaled is a terrorist and two-time civilian-aircraft hijacker (her second hijacking resulted in the murder of the piloting First Officer), current member of the Palestine Authority and perennial heroine of Liberals who continue to extend speaking invitations to her. There were many terrorist attempts targeting Western airliners, particularly El Al and Pan Am, resulting in the destruction of among others two Pan Am 747's (Pan Am flight 93 as part of the Dawson's Field hijackings and flt. 103), the unsuccessful shoot down attempt of an Arkia 757-300 by shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles (apparently Israeli civil airliners are protected by Israeli developed ECMs) and the Hindawi incident in which an Arab sent his Irish fiance, pregnant with his child, on an El Al jumbo after hiding an air pressure activated bomb in her luggage. The unsuspecting woman was caught by El Al security before boarding. Current Israel PM and former commando Bibi Netenyahu participated in the rescue of hijacked Sabena flt. 571.

6. LandoPBM

LandoPBM Hangar Bronze Member III

Suriname Suriname
    SECURITY is only part of TOTAL FLIGHT SAFETY; having excellent security is ZERO guarantee for an aircraft to be airworthy. there is more to it, much much more... in terms of SECURITY, yes they might give you the safest feeling because of their enhanced security screening. but that does not mean that the aircraft cannot fall out of the sky due to any technical/pilot malfunction o_O

Sierra1 and Lord Leighton like this.
  7. LandoPBM

LandoPBM Hangar Bronze Member III

Suriname Suriname
    BTW, WELCOME 'Yitschak'; good to have you here too and hope we can enjoy positive conversations here with you too ;)

8. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Welcome Aboard Yitschak!

9. Guitar Dave

Guitar Dave Hangar Bronze Member V

Welcome Yitschak! We're not all crazy here, but it helps ! :eek: