1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

John Allen Former FAA Manager goes to Jet Blue!....why should we care?

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Why should we care that John Allen former Flight Standards Manager has gone over to JET-BLUE?

Well it called the good old boy revolving door policy, where former FAA employees or Airline personnel work for each other.

Me Allen has a lot of contacts and all this gives the appearance of a conflict of interest.

So if Jet-Blue gets into a sticky situation, maybe Mr Allen could get them out of it

Not a healthy situation in my opinion

JetBlue Airways Names John Allen Vice President, Chief Safety Officer

Will Lead Airline's Safety Efforts In The Air And On The Ground

JetBlue Airways has appointed John Allen to the position of Vice President, Chief Safety Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Allen is responsible for maintaining JetBlue's focus and practice of safe operations both in the air and on the ground. Mr. Allen will report to James Hnat, JetBlue's Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs.
    [​IMG]
    "John brings a wealth of industry experience to JetBlue, and his perspective as the former Director of Flight Standards Service for the Federal Aviation Administration will greatly serve JetBlue, our crewmembers and our customers going forward," Mr. Hnat said. "I expect John will contribute greatly to JetBlue's culture and on behalf of the company's 15,000 safety-focused crewmembers, we're excited to have him join the team."
    Mr. Allen retired from the FAA on August 31, 2013 after 22 years with the agency in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility, culminating as Director of Flight Safety Standards. In this role, Mr. Allen was responsible for promoting the safety of flight for civil aircraft by setting regulations and standards for air carriers, air agencies, general aviation, airmen, and designees. Mr. Allen retired from the Air Force Reserves in 2009 as a Brigadier General after 31 years of active-duty and reserve service.
    "It is an honor to join the JetBlue team," Mr. Allen said. "JetBlue's culture is founded on its core values with Safety being first. I look forward to joining a great team and continuing the tradition of serving JetBlue crewmembers with programs and guidance to ensure we keep learning from each other and our industry peers."
    FMI: www.jetblue.com

2. Richard Wyeroski

3. Richard Wyeroski

4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

My Dad used to always complain about a fellow named Longhorn Bond. I was too young to pay too much attn. to it at the time. I can't remember if he was the head of the FAA or the AOPA.

Edward Jeszka likes this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

Lord

He was with the FAA back in the 70's
    more
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=7261

6. Edward Jeszka

Edward Jeszka Hangar Gold Member I

My concern would be that here we have an employee well up into the FAA hierarchy who admits in an open forum that he was knowledgeable about a level of continuous false enforcement conducted by the division he was totally in charge of. Oh sure, he minimized the numbers to a level of somewhat reduced indignation but the fact remains. His honesty is now in question. As it should be. But the point that needs to be made is that if condoned, this abuse of authority and power from the staff under his guidance, what can Jet Blue accomplish by hiring him. Is lying and hiding continuous miscarriages of justice, misconduct and outright falsification of evidence not a negative employment characteristic any longer? Or is that what Jet Blue plans to take advantage of with 8% Allen in his dealing with the FAA in the future?

My guess would be the latter.

7. Lord Leighton

Richard ok thank you for the enlightenment. Jimmy Carter explains it all lol.

Richard and Ed, your jet blue point, that needs to be brought to higher authorities no matter what kind of 'charming" lingo they use for a promotion and a promotion for both parties all of a sudden? or for the welfare of the public?

8. Edward Jeszka

LL,
    Rich and I are certainly attempting to get to the bottom of this and numerous other "anomalies" that are totally corrupt. We will continue to do so and would certainly appreciate any and all members of this forum who have had the misfortune of having to deal with this corrupt governmental organization to speak up. Ken has given us all the opportunity to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly parts of being under the misguided direction that the FAA is under and has made many people very wealthy in following.

9. Richard Wyeroski

Lord

Flight Standards AFS-1 John Allen had direct oversight of JET-BLUE. The government is always concerned about public perception. In this case, Allen has his buddies back at 800 Indy and if JET-BLUE ever get into hot water and has a big fine pending.....well you get the idea!

There is a rule about retiring FAA Employees. So let's see what happens!

LETS LET'S DO LUNCH AND TALK;)
    [​IMG]

Edward Jeszka and Lord Leighton like this.
  10. Edward Jeszka

I have always had a great deal of respect for the military and their devotion to keeping us free and safe. I guess knowing that 8% Allen made it to BG sure doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about military leadership. Kind of causes a bit of concern. The admission that his underlings were using the office for unwarranted enforcement action with his knowledge and total failure to address that situation until he was walking out the door leads me to question his integrity at the very least. Is this what this country's military needs in leadership roles? Is this what this country needs in any leadership roles? Now JetBlue picked him up and will play him like a fiddle to get what he can offer in their dealings with the FAA.

Lord Leighton likes this.
  11. Richard Wyeroski

It's pretty obvious that the the FAA has treated JET-BLUE differently in the past!

That's another story that will be told here!

12. Lord Leighton

It needs to be told to Capitol Hill. not just here.

13. Richard Wyeroski

I wish that would do it Lord. Capitol Hill only reacts when there is a crash and people get killed.

FAA corruption and the good ole boy club have been operating for years.

[​IMG]

14. Lord Leighton

Well when Dip Shyts in Washington put their stupid politics in higher priority than public safety we need to re examine if the politicos have our best interests in mind. I cant wait until Jan 2016!

15. Edward Jeszka

LL,
    It has been told to some members of Congress and simply isn't a big enough issue to get their attention.

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  16. Edward Jeszka

They will respond with feigned horror and intense interest after the unthinkable happens. Rich has it pegged pretty good.

17. Lord Leighton

Well it will be when we MAKE them fly a regular commercial flight! Sequester their self importance is the answer.

18. Edward Jeszka

You run for Congress and I'll vote for you as many times as I can. Ain't that how its done?

19. Richard Wyeroski

The Senators and Congressmen use Commercial Airlines. However the rest have a deal with a a friendly Corporation that is going their way on a a Friday afternoon.

Yes many of our elected officials have sweet heart deals and legally fly on a Corporate aircraft. The only requirement is the Official must pay the going rate that the airlines charge!

Wow, and it comes with food and drinks!!!!

20. Edward Jeszka

And that rate would be the lowest standby fare they can find. Sounds fare to me.

Short note to commiserate the hard life of congressmen.

CONGRESSMEN ARE LIVING A HARD, HARD LIFE

It must be tough being a U.S. Congressman. All those hard, long days sweating and grinding as they... wait. What does Congress even do again?

This week, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) complained that he is "stuck here making $172,000" according to the National Review Online.

Gingrey was complaining that his staff wasn't making any money now, but that in just a few years they could slink away off to K Street to make half-million dollar salaries working as lobbyists. Meanwhile, poor Congressman Gingrey has to settle on his low six-figure salary.

It must be tough.

But, in an effort to cheer up the Congressman, we combed through the benefits tied to being a member of the House of Representatives. Maybe the Congressman just doesn't know these benefits exist.

So, Congressman Gingrey, we just wanted to let you know that you have the following benefits... that very few other Americans enjoy.
    • A free company car
    • Free gas
    • Free parking - even at airports!
    • Free flights almost anywhere in the world
    • Per diem travel allowance... up to $3,000 per trip
    • A month's paid vacation
    • 3-day work weeks
    • Free membership at a top-flight gym
    • A pension plan and a 401(k) plan
    • Full retirement benefits, including up to 44% of their six-figure salaries, at age 62
    • Free top-of-the-line health insurance, with ten plans to choose from
    • Fully covered by that insurance - even with pre-existing conditions
    Gosh, sounds like he's really stuck in his career.