1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

iPad aviation database?

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by Andrew Marsden, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Andrew Marsden

Andrew Marsden New Hangar Member

Australia Australia
    I am a Qantas flight attendant and have for nearly 20years recorded sectors operated, aircraft registration, flight number and date.
    Short of creating a database from scratch, I am curious if there is an iPad app out there where I can record flown sectors, aircraft registration and great circle distance in order to slice and dice the data. For example track total distance, or total distance by registration number etc.

2. AeroDon

AeroDon Administrator

United States United States
    Cool idea. Will ask around if there is anything out there for you...
    Can you provide typical data for each entry? Date, Flight #, Aircraft registration,...etc. What else?

Lord Leighton likes this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Andrew

Here is a link for an aviation navigation app that many pilots use. Take a look. The app can be downloaded for free for 30 days to check it out...

I use this app in my flight training and find it very useful. Most importantly...it has saved many a pilot from being lost.

Rich

https://www.foreflight.com/

4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

PS...one can take their I-pad aboard any aircraft and track it's route of flight real time....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015