1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Flight Review: Checking Out Condor Airlines’ Business Class to Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by vegli, Oct 11, 2014.

1. vegli

vegli Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    [​IMG]

CONDOR AIRLINES BUSINESS CLASS REVIEW BASICS
    Airline: Condor Airlines
    Aircraft: Boeing 767-300ER (Version 3 SEA-FRA and Version 1 FRA-SEA)
    Departed: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
    Arrived: Frankfurt Airport (FRA)
    Stops: Non-stop flight
    Class: Business class
    Seat: SEA-FRA 1D then 4A | FRA-SEA 3K
    Length: About 10 hours

[​IMG]
    Business Class product on Condor’s 767s

Cheers: Nicely upgraded product, food that is tasty and fun to eat!
    Jeers: Service on my flights was not consistent. Ground operations in Frankfurt were disappointing.
    Overall: What an amazing value.

[​IMG]
    Time to board the Condor 767 in Seattle

FULL CONDOR BUSINESS CLASS FLIGHT REVIEW
    I was originally just going to review my Seattle to Frankfurt flight, but there were enough differences between that one and my return flight that I will do some comparing and contrasting between the two.

I have to admit that I had some misconceptions about Condor and who they are. About five years ago, I assumed that they were an all-economy, charter-like airline that crammed as many people into their 767s to Frankfurt, Germany. But the more I got to learn about the airline, the more I was surprised with the variety and quality of their new product and service.

I became aware that they had a premium product (called Comfort Class back in the day), but Condor has been working hard to retrofit their long-haul 767 fleet and update the interior to better compete in the market.

Today, Condor long-haul flights have the choice between Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class. Even though one might think of Condor as a low-fare carrier, their new Business Class hard and soft product make them more of a competitive player in the market.

[​IMG]
    The larger Business Class cabin of the 767

Unfortunately my trip didn’t start out on the right foot.

As I was preparing to leave my house for the airport in Seattle, I received notification that our flight was delayed four hours. I checked to confirm that the aircraft was not on the ground and still airborne, so I knew I could hang out at home for a few hour before heading to the airport. Not a huge deal — these things happen and my schedule in Frankfurt was set up where I wasn’t going to miss anything.

When I got to the airport, I had access to the International Lounge. It is not too big or fancy, but it surely gets the job done (i.e. it has beer).

More...
    http://www.airlinereporter.com/2014...ing-condor-airlines-business-class-frankfurt/

Shawn White and Lord Leighton like this.