1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

First International Trip (Kind of...)

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by SeekanDStroy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. SeekanDStroy

SeekanDStroy Hangar Associate Member II

United States United States
    So, it's been a while since I last posted, so I thought I'd start getting active again.

Now, when I say it's kind of my first, I've been to Canada. But there can be some arguments about if that's really international. I wend before passports were required.

So, what kind of international do I mean this time? How about Croatia and France? I'm currently waiting on my connection in Frankfurt. So I thought I'd write this.

I left Chicago last night (July 8) at 1030 pm Chicago time. My parents and I decided to splurge a little. These next few words may or may not have to sink in.

Lufthansa. Boeing 747-400. Business Class.

We had United miles. Over 700k of them. Why not use them?

I've flown out of O'Hare before. No biggie. Love the airport. It was my first time, however, in the United Club in the B Terminal. Very nice. I'd love to do that again if I ever had the chance.

Thoughts on the flight: First time flying intercontinental (been to Hawaii, but again, not international). With that said, it was also my first time on Lufthansa. Holy c*** (not sure if I can actually say it, so I'll just censor it myself, you get the idea). The flight crew were extremely nice. I was lucky enough to not only be in the nose, but I also was alone in my 2-person row. Great meals, too. I had beef fillet w/ mashed potatoes for dinner, and I have to say, I loved it very much. My plate was clean in only a few minutes. Even the flight attendant was joking around by saying that the plate could be used again.

Because it was the old style Business class, the seats weren't really that comfortable. However, I still slept pretty well, despite the slight turbulence we got over the southern tip of Greenland and Iceland. And England.

So, here I am sitting in Flughafen Frankfurt, waiting for my connection on Croatian Air. 3 hour layover. Oh well... When I get there, I'll update with my thoughts on that flight.

Until that update, Fair Skies and Strong Tailwinds!

2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

United States United States
    Thanks for sharing!