1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FBI investigating the FAA!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    The FBI has now entered the investigation into the Max-800 crashes. They are looking for collusion between FAA and Boeing.....

Hmmmm where is Muller when you need him?;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE
    FBI Investigating 737 MAX Certification Process
    KATE O'CONNOR
    [​IMG]

The FBI has reportedly joined a criminal investigation into the certification of the Boeing 737 MAX in the wake of the crashes of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and Lion Air Flight 610, according to The Seattle Times. The report comes after Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Elaine Chao issued a memo (PDF) on Tuesday confirming a previous request for the DOT’s Inspector General to conduct an audit “to compile an objective and detailed factual history of the activities that resulted in the certification of the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.” 346 people were killed in the two MAX crashes, which happened within five months of each other.

The investigation is being conducted by the DOT Inspector General and overseen by the criminal division of the U.S. Justice Department. It has also been reported that, based on information from the Lion Air crash, the MAX certification investigation may have begun prior to the Ethiopian Airlines accident. It is expected that investigators will be looking closely at how the FAA has regulated Boeing and safety certification work performed by company employees for the FAA. Boeing has previously stated that it will cooperate fully with the FAA, DOT and NTSB “on all issues relating to both the Lion Air and the Ethiopian Airlines accidents.”

As previously reported by AVweb, Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg said on Monday that a software update and new pilot training procedures to address “concerns discovered in the aftermath of the Lion Air Flight 610 accident” will be coming soon. Those updates will need to be approved by the FAA before the MAX stands any chance of being allowed off the ground. Regulators in Europe and Canada have said that they will conduct their own reviews of any fixes Boeing provides.

Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

4. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

.. Southwest in 2007. American in 2011. etc.

5. Richard Wyeroski

6. Richard Wyeroski

Before the pilot and mechanic bill of rights law came out, FAA spent millions on frivolous enforcement actions against innocent airmen and companies.

Now they don't have the funds or personnel to properly do surveillance on aircraft certification.

I have seen the fraud waste and abuse.

7. Richard Wyeroski

Maybe that is why FAA doesnot have qualified personnel!

Rotorruss, Kevin and Everett 757 like this.
  8. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

If you read the article I posted yesterday about the mad rush to build the 737MAX, it gives a pretty clear picture of how desparate Boeing was to get it into service quickly before the A320neo racked up a bunch of sales.

Rotorruss, Richard Wyeroski and Kevin like this.