1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA sets up 700 overseas reapir stations and then ignores them?!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Many of you have read my posts about the lack of FAA over sight. Imagine since 2001 FAA management allowed 700 overseas repair stations to be authorized and then never properly inspected them.

How dangerous is this??? well if you just disregard the the terrorism factor and forget about the bogus parts problem and look the other way on all the emergency returns,we are lucky as hell that thousands of people have not been killed !!!

FAA management started allowed this mess to happen from 2001-2007. Then an amazing thing happened. All FAA senior management was removed, retired fired or sent somewhere else!

The DOT/ Inspector General Calvin Schovell did a nice report and recommended that the FAA do something. So the DOT dumped FAA management and started anew!

It seems ever everyone now has their asses covered in the event of any major event that could occur.

BTW the old FAA management is now on the taxpayer dime working as lobbyists and what have you working for companies under FAA contract!

Their is a lot more to so say about this situation and I hope you all weigh in !!!

Don't forget the 330 minute ETOPS rules. Cheap maintenance by rouge repair facilities is running rampant.

As always I have my media contacts and am ready when the unfortunate day comes around because of the FAA failure to protect the American Flying Public.

WE ARE ALL FLYING ON LUCK .........o_O

MORE
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113877784

2. Richard Wyeroski

.........Remember this thread?....well it is now much worse as the FAA has closed all it's International Field Offices IFO's to save money. No more surveillance of all those overseas repair stations.....o_O

Inspectors will have to fly from the US to these facilities to do inspections at a cost to US taxpayers....!

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Just wait til the send Air Force One to Aeroman. :eek:

4. Richard Wyeroski

........interesting!!!!

5. Richard Wyeroski

Now with all International Field Offices closed, surveillance is almost zero!

What does this mean? It will be easier for unapproved parts to be installed in aircraft.

The DOT Inspector General has said the FAA is not doing enough to stop the increase of illegal parts being installed in jet aircraft.

>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>MORE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    https://www.oig.dot.gov/library-item/35715

6. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...the "regulator" is betting on nothing bad happening. It takes a long time for congress to act on a lack of oversight. By then, the "regulator's'' management has retired with full benefits!!!

7. Richard Wyeroski

Terrorist activity and a downed aircraft will put this on the front burner.

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  8. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...it never ceases to amaze me. I watched a "regulator" presentation where they were breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for only having one fatality since 2009. I watched another presentation with the NTSB, where they couldn't figure out why the "regulator" didn't take action after the first uncontained engine failure. Had the "regulator" taken action, it may have prevented the second one from happening.

Maybe it's time to hold the "regulator" accountable for a lack of oversight?? Come on "biggly one", Drain the Swamp!!

9. Richard Wyeroski

This is just the beginning of the bogus parts problem. It is starting to show up, since FAA is doing nothing to stop it ......

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  10. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Maybe all the tariffs will stop/identify bogus parts sales/dealers! ;)

Rotorruss likes this.
  11. Richard Wyeroski

Good point......the parts will have a tax on them and expose what country they are coming from

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.