1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA install national next/gen framework!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...the bat rastards that started this boondoggle have long since gone and went to the jobs with the airlines. I suppose they are trying to coax the airlines to "get onboard" the NextGen train. This boondoggle will lock out the GA. The bat rastards who started this don't care about GA. They never have.

"Drain the ''boondoggle' Swamp"!!

3. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Meanwhile.... On the radio today....
    "Singapore, Speedtape123 level 390 on squawk 6060."
    "Speedtape123, Singapore Control, ADB-S identified, flight plan route."

As the US falls behind more and more, Nex-Gen has already been standardized by much of the world....

Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Next/Gen falling behind? I am so surprised!

Rotorruss likes this.
  5. Rotorruss

...if the US beurocratic system knew how to bid projects, without quid pro quo, they wouldn't be over budget and behind schedule. The "biggly one" will whip them into shape!!

"Drain the Swamp"

Kevin likes this.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member II

Ready to throw the switch on Next/Gen in the U. S.? I saw a documentary about a year ago that there was still a lot to work out and was a "Few Years Away". Wow time DOES fly. Interesting article but I think we'll be using the current ATC for sometime to come.

7. Rotorruss

...it will be up to congress to have the 5 year authorization. If they kick the can down the road, I doubt it will be done in 18 monthes. There's about 140,.000 aircraft to get the new equipment installed.

The "regulator" has their feet to the fire with UAS. Amazon, Google and the other "box chuckers", want to use the UAS to make deliveries. The "regulator" doesn't even have rules for 135 UAS operations. One company wants to have 10,000 UAS flying a day. Can't wait to see how that works out!! The "regulator'' have their marching orders to "make it happen"!! That was 6 years ago.

Since the US has more aircraft operations a day than any other country, one can say they are a day late and a few billion dollars short. Someone got a pretty good contract payout!!