1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA inspectors under investigation

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Congress is investigating the certification process for the 737 MAX. It apppears the FAA inspectors involved in the certification were not qualified to conduct it!

How could this happen? With an 18 Billion dollars budget, how could the FAA not have inspectors that are not qualified? The big question here will will be, was the certification “rubber stamped”?........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE
    Senate Committee Launches Investigation Of FAA Aviation Safety Inspectors

Whistleblowers Say Employees Responsible For Aircraft Certification Lacked Proper Training
    U.S. Senator Roger Wicker (R-MS), chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation has launched an investigation of any potential connection between inadequate training and certification of Aviation Safety Inspectors who may have participated in the evaluation of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft. The investigation comes in light of recent 737 accidents and information obtained from whistleblowers.

[​IMG]

Chairman Wicker (pictured) wrote to FAA Acting Administrator Daniel Elwell to request additional information and documents.

"Allegations from these whistleblowers include information that numerous FAA employees, including those involved in the Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG) for the Boeing 737 MAX, had not received proper training and valid certifications. Some of these FAA employees were possibly involved as participants on the Flight Standardization Board (FSB). As you know, the AEG formed an FSB to evaluate the 737 MAX 8 to determine the requirements for pilot type ratings, to develop minimum training recommendations, and to ensure initial flightcrew member competency," Senator Wicker wrote.

"In light of recent 737 crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia, the committee is investigating any potential connection between inadequate training and certification of Aviation Safety Inspectors who may have participated in the FSB evaluation of the 737 MAX. Specifically, the committee is concerned that such potential lack of training and certification of FAA ASI, and participation of those ASI on the FSB, may have led to an improper evaluation of the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS). If true, this raises the question of whether a specific reference to the MCAS system should have been included in the FSB report.

"I request that you provide the committee with the following information no later than April 16, 2019:

• Has the FAA been alerted to allegations of deficiencies related to the training and certification of FAA Aviation Safety Inspectors?
    • If the FAA was aware of these allegations, please provide a detailed accounting of the specific dates involved when the FAA was made aware of potential deficiencies related to the training and certification of FAA pilots and safety inspectors.
    • Provide any and all information regarding FAA officials who were made aware of these allegations, actions taken, and dates of such action.
    • Was an agency investigation initiated?
    • When was an investigation initiated?
    • What FAA official initiated the investigation?
    • What FAA officials were made aware of the investigation and when?
    • What is the current status of the investigation?
    If the investigation is complete, include a copy of the entire and un-redacted report to the committee with the agency’s responses.

(Source: Senate Commerce Committee news release)

FMI: www.commerce.senate.gov

Everett 757, Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

When I was removed from the agency back in 2003, I attempted to defend myself as to the corruption in my FSDO office back then. My actions went nowhere. Corrupt inept management beat me! I was a highly experienced Inspector that was pushed out because I reported problems. Management did not like me, so they pushed me out. I was a whistleblower!

Now two fully loaded airliners crashed killing 346 people, including 8 Americans. That made the difference here for an investigation into the practices of corrupt and agenda driven FAA managers.

Unfortunately people have to die before the government reacts and those responsible usually are protected. In this case too many people have died. In addition a company like Boeing made a mistake? or allowed a defective aircraft to go into public service because of a rush to produce an aircraft for profit! I will say Airbus have done the same. That is another story!

In this case hundreds have died, a company the size of Boeing may go bankrupt and the FAA regulator missed a major problem because they were not qualified!

Everyone will lose because of this terrible tragedy.

Why did it happen.....and must never let it happen again

Thank You

Richard Wyeroski, former FAA Operations Safety Inspector 13/4

3. Richard Wyeroski

The Farmingdale FSDO where I worked back in early 2000 had accidents that went unnoticed. One i remember was where a 135 operator crashed killing all 19 aboard. The FSDO had jurisdiction and the operator was troubled with problems. Inspectors missed required inspection and the pROblems of the operATOR WERE NEVER addressed. It was better to just leave it alone.

The attitude was what is one or two crashes!. So a few die?!

In 2000 19 died. The accident was covered up with very investigation and no cooperation with the NTSB.......it fell through the cracks....Yet inspectors like myselF were pushed out because we reported these problems.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE

4. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Let the civil liability suits begin. The regulator is on the hook!!

5. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Looks like that plane was filled with racks of newly cleaned clothes from a Salvation Army store. No bodies or bloody parts of, no luggage, nothing burned? Where was the fuel fire and No scorched earth? Somethin just ain't right here,... is it!? Hmm o_O

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

Until LL pointed it out I didn't realize that the accident scene was somewhat "neat" a pile of clothes instead of clothes scattered around the high speed impact area. No burn markings at least in this picture. In a crash of this nature most of this material would be unrecognizable. I don't know would the Ethiopians go a little "Hollywood" and do some set decoration to make the scene seem more human for effect and litigation purposes rather than a black hole in the earth? I don't know I'm not an NTSB investigator or a physicist so can't make that call. However I will tell you this the black hole in the middle of the Florida everglades of the ValuJet DC-9 affected me more realizing there were 105 human beings somewhere in there.

7. Richard Wyeroski

I don't believe the NTSB involved?....

8. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

According to their own press release the NTSB, Boeing and the FAA are there under international treaty to assist the Ethiopian Officials in the investigation. I know early on in the investigation the NTSB was actually on site. But as distrust for the FAA grew by the Ethiopians who knows what role their playing now. The Ethiopians are the lead agency and all information are released by them. The NTSB is also working with the BEA on the flight recorders.

Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  9. Lord Leighton

Again, I believe this was a set up using a plane other than stated because the original flight landed where it was supposed to according to FR24 and FlightAware. Sure this flight path was recorded too, the one the report produced to bamboozle the world. Btw and off topic but related in a certain way. What was HRC and John Podesta doing in NZ the week that the "fake shooting"(Pics of? NONE! Only 'witness' accounts, reported by the NYTs) took place? Aah, another set up perhaps, to use the Transgender PM to produce a gun ban in NZ? Oh yeah, Did they ever 'find' MH370? Yeah, it was MH17! Anybody hear of the '5 Eyes' program/agreement? The members of are NZ, Australia, Canada, the UK and the US. It was established by Obozo to circumvent the laws against the US government of spying on their own citizens, so this 'agreement' allows those other member's spies to do it for the US and vice versa. :eek::eek::eek: The notions! How DARE me! ;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Rotorruss and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  10. Richard Wyeroski

;)o_O:rolleyes::eek::oops::eek:

11. Lord Leighton

5 eyes.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Rotorruss likes this.
  12. Richard Wyeroski

Let's see? Management with circle the wagons and decided who has to be sacrificed ! Already the acting Administrator was removed and now an investigation is under way by the White House to see how FAA upper management send inspectors to do a certification that were not qualified?

Why? was this done. Did anyone realize that this very act could cause an accident?

Recently the FAA upper management has restructured the FAA, Many field jobs were illuminated and more mangers were added. So less field people to do the job! What are they thinking?

13. Rotorruss

The regulator has failed again with the training requirements. They don't want to admit that they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. SAD!!!

Drain the 800 Indy Swamp!!

14. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

It’s sad the amount of lives that have been lost over the years because of careless attitudes. :(

15. Richard Wyeroski

US General Aviation has had over 1200 accidents a year for the last 20 years with very little change. The FAA spends millions on it's safety program, yet nothing changes. Add in the fact that operations of aircraft have been less and less every year due to high operating costs. So basically less movements and the accidents remain the same means that the accident rate is actually increasing.
    o_O

16. Lord Leighton

Well, Barry's managed to defund the FAA so they have even less and less inspectors both in the US and world wide as just one part of his great 'Aweakening' of the USA.

17. Richard Wyeroski

The industry is about to have a controller shortage thanks to Barry!

18. Rotorruss

Actually, it started before Barry. Jane Garvey started her pipe dreams because the people under her had their own pet projects to push. Marion Blakey hated the regulator and tried her best to dismantle it.

19. Lord Leighton

Yeah, but it was Barry who mainly gutted the FAA financially as well as hire burger flippers for ATC candidates, displacing around 3,000 dedicated and vested qualified students, to which there were lawsuits from after the scheme was found out. Of course the top heavy goons aren't gonna sacrifice their careers to save the amount of existing inspectors who're cut back, let alone hire more.

20. Richard Wyeroski

Politics with controller hiring can be very deadly. They are fools!