1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA crashes a helicopter and covers it up?

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Why did the FAA Coverup a helicopter crash that severely hurt one of it's own employee. For what reason did they do this.

Who's fault was this and why has almost 4 years gone by and no one will admit it?

Forget that it costs the US taxpayers hundreds of thousands od dollars.

AIRNATION did a thread back in 2014 on this crash and nothing was ever resolved.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    http://www.socialhangar.net/threads...shes-bell-206-now-in-safety-stand-down.14180/

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

helicopter5.jpg
    I posted this on another thread. Rich was nice to start this one.

.the swamp knows who I am. They know that they did me wrong. They know that can write letters to various members of Congress and the Executive branches. They know that "dirty deeds were done dirt cheap"! They know that their hands are dirty with the sins of the prior 8 years in the swamp. They know that I know that how corrupt the flight program is. They know that if they harrass me that I'll push back.

My greatest hope is that the "biggly one" shuts them down with the next reauthorization in September. It's time for a big change and to get back to the core mission. The management has grown 150% over the 8 years prior. I can't tell you how many of them making over 150k per year!!

They label me as disgruntled, yet they don't acknowledge their responsibility for my head and neck injury. They are the ones, with their carelessness, put 6 screws and a plate in my neck!! I also have a recognized disability. EEOC also knows my name!!

For those who don't know my name, my name is Russ and I survived a "regulator" helicopter crash!! heli-crash.6.17.14.jpg ACDF_C5_7_Lat.jpg

Attached Files:

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  3. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    I read the NTSB report. Other than not performing an engine run to verify proper engine acceleration during the investigation, I'm having trouble seeing exactly what is being covered up. Was the replacement instructor incompetent?

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

I am not familiar with this crash, however the thread was originally started by ED Jeszka and he also included another crash of a Piper Seminole twin. Having two crashes by AFS-60 , which is the FAA's training group, is bad for public appearance. The AFS 60 managers were moved around and the problems as to why these crashes happened were covered up.

FAA and NTSB do no cooperate with each each other. I have first hand knowledge of FAA managers covering up a crash in my office back in 2003.

I exposed this with another FAA inspector to expose the rampent corruption in the Farmingdale FSDO when I was in Federal Service.

Take a look at the news 12 story. This ran for three days in the NY Metro area. The FAA mouth piece Jim Peters had to tap dance to cover up this story. The News station was threatened by the Regional Office that they would never get another story from the FAA.

The problems and corruption of the Farmingdale FSDO were covered up.

BTW the crash that killed 19 people, was a big deal when the NTSB found that the FSDO missed maintnenance inspections and the Operations Inspector hated the Operator. They had numerous violations against them...BTW the maintenance Inspector at that time was Mike DiPaolo. He was liked by management and they somehow fixed the maintnenance R items that were missing. How they did that is obvious!

BTW do I have to tell you that I had the FSDO surveiled by a private detective agency and they produced video tapes that were covered up and the management had it in for me big.

They harassed my employers and the FSDO management sent out inspectors to harass any one that I was working for. (I have the documents to prove my statements here)

When I say to all here that the FAA created a "JUNK YARD DOG" out me and I will expose FAA every chance I get until the agency is fixed.

Fortunately for me I only had to put up with FSDO harassment for 3 years, as the managers were transferred when they were finally reprimanded for wasting Governemnt time.

NEWS 12 Story

Rotorruss likes this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

I will never forget the fraud, waste, abuse and criminal activity of the Farmingdale FSDO when I was in Federal Service.

I only hope President Trump can do something about the FAA before the there is a breakdown in the Commercial Aviation and the National Airspace System because of an inept and corrupt FAA

Richard Anthony Wyeroski
    Former FAA Operations Inspector GS/13-4

Air Transport Pilot
    Certificated Flight Instructor, Airplane, Instrument, Multi-Engine
    Airframe&Power Plant Mechanic
    Inspection Authorization

6. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Richard, I am quite aware that you speak the truth about this, no dispute at all, but I was wondering about the Bell 206 accident specifically.

7. Richard Wyeroski

Yes of course. I not familiar, but Russ could tell us about the crash as he was one of the inspectors aboard and was severely injured and the FAA is not owning up to why the crash happened and covering up the cause to protect management that was not qualified to be in that position!!!

8. Rotorruss

...there is so much that happened that's not in the report. The internal investigation revealed things that were sealed and not released. They know they screwed up. The coulda woulda shoulda was never revealed. The whole flight program was established based on false information. They now have a white elephant program that no one wants to change. They run unimpuned and under the radar, destroying lives (mine for one) in order to protect those in the inner circle. In short, this crash was the result of incompetency from HR to the Administrator. It was covered up by their own internal investigation.

The bad actors have either retired with full benefits or have been moved and promoted. I will never be made whole again. I will never be able to fly again. They continue to go after me when I poke holes in their decision to continue with the program, wasting time and taxpayers money. They still use false pretenses to justify a multi million dollar a year progam. The toxic environment is still there and protected by upper management because, if they change they their story,, they will admit they lied.

The official cause of the crash will go down as what the NTSB said in their report. There is nothing transparent about this "regulator", only empire building management and their minions!!

"Drain the Swamp" before someone gets hurt again!!!

9. Richard Wyeroski

My FAA flight training was conducted in the Oklahoma Academy. I liked the instructors and I never had a problem. We used the Cessna 172 and Beech Baron aircraft. It was good training and a passing grade was required to go forward to be an operations Inspector.

The instructors were top notch flying with us. We flew IMC, single engine approaches, ASR approaches in IMC, feathering engines and spins in the Cessna 172. All good training.

Inspectors with training problems were helped and usually everyone would get through the training. I knew of a few that just were not qualified enough to pass.

Then the training was sent into the he private sector and by that time I was out of Federal Service.

So what exactly happened to AFS-60 is in question and I would believe the FAA cut the budget on inspector training and now we have an FAA that is incapable of providing any kind of testing!!

Rotorruss likes this.
  10. Rotorruss

...as of now, I can't drive because of my injuries and disabilities. I have to rely on others to get around to my doctor appointments! Reminder notes are plastered all around my house to remind me of routine things to do. I have alarms to remind me to eat and take my meds.

Not once has anyone in management asked me how I am doing during these last 4 years. They would rather not look at me and often go out of their way to avoid me. They get mad when I ask for reasonable accommodation so that I can do my work and enjoy what other employees have. It is amazing how the same government, who protects disabled peoples rights, can bash one of their own!!

People wonder how the "biggly one" won the office. Maybe, it's because that people are tired of the loads of fertilizer that comes out of DC. Maybe, it's because of "the people's" government is broken and thumbs their noses at the public! Maybe, the worker bees are tired of management bashing them all the time!

"Drain the Swamp" a give the power bwba to the people!!

11. Richard Wyeroski

Your right on Russ......they really want you to retire and go away so they could forget the whole thing. They don't care because it is not their problem.

Look at the GILLISSEN thread. There is an FAA employee that stuck it to me and has his retirement and some money and thinks he is an expert in aviation when he is just an FAA paper pusher minion .....what a waste!

GILLISSEN THREAD
    http://www.socialhangar.net/threads/response-to-allergations-against-faa.20357/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Rotorruss likes this.
  12. Rotorruss

Quite simply, Miss Piggy didn't like the academy and wanted the training to go elsewhere. As it was transferred to the private sector, it bacame apparent to the private sector that the risks were too high. (several picesp of tin.were bent) and the government didn't pay for services on time.

There were 9 King Airs that used to be running around the country keeping people current in turboprop planes. In 2009, all of a sudden 9 brand new King Airs show up on the Alliance's ramp. They had dual Pro Line 21 avionics suites.

2009 and 2010 were a tough time. There were a few Inspectior fatals. Now, rather than wait for the probable cause to come out, management decided to develop a flighf program division that trained all the GA inspectors. (BTW the crashes weren't the inspectors fault). The program had their own incidents and accidents. For the most part they kept those under wraps. They couldn't keep the helicopter crash under wraps.

Now the program is managed by the same line of business that do the flight checks of the instrument approaches. This line of business has had their own incidents and accidents.

The management who drempt up the Alliance program have retired. The ones that oversee it now are the same ones that caused the failures that lead to the crash.

I just hope my health lasts long enough to enjoy grand kids without being a drooling idiot because of my head trauma from the crash!!

13. Rotorruss

I know how you feel, Rich. Instead of management taking responsibility or having the employees back, they go after you for doing your job.

The flight program never took my recommendations seriously. It's sad that the rulemaking group are implementing many of the recommendations I've submitted. Management just hates change unless it's a good thing for their pockets!!

We need "the.peoples" government to do their jobs and make it safe.all the time and not when it's convenient for management!!

"Drain.the Swamp" of all the corrupt management that build their private empires!!!

14. Richard Wyeroski

I don't know how it could Russ. Top DOT and FAA management from the DOT Secretary was a politician given the job because he supported Obama. The FAA Administrator Huerta was a lawyer with no aviation experience. Margaret ( Miss Piggy) Gilligan was AFS-1 She was a lawyer and was actually afraid to fly!

So what could we expect with this great team of politicians and lawyers...

Today the flight program is a mess and it cost more then doing the training in house......Nice that Miss Piggy did not like OKC?..What did she know anyway.....They all are retired now living on their blood money.....I truly hope they all go down someday.....

Rich

Rotorruss likes this.
  15. Rotorruss

...well the succession planning put the minions in charge or the revolving door brought some back to the Swamp. The Flight Standards executive and his deputy we're heavily involved with the continuing of the flight program. They continued the lies too. There are w cast of characters that have lined their pockets from the white elephant cover up. Inproper hiring and promotions made the inner circle pretty big. Some found out the truth and left.

I am super upset that the "regulator" leaned on s witness to change his statement. They destroyed evidence. They also stonewalled the information about the crash. They know they messed up, yet they continue down this path of lies. One day they are going to kill someone. No matter what happens to me when this happens, I will be the first to visit the victim's family attorney!!

Management are not leaders. They don't inspire others to do their best. They'd rather instill fear of losing your job if you call them on something contrary to safety!! They have damn near killed me. They can even fire me. It still doesn't erase what they've done to me and my family!!

"God have mercy on the corrupt, empire building management's soul"!!

16. Richard Wyeroski

I have personally seen evidence manufactured, destroyed, altered and removed by management to cover-up illegal activities.

No surprise that it is systemic within the agency.

Rotorruss likes this.
  17. Rotorruss

...as the 4th anniversary of the crash approaches, (ironically on father's day), I am thankful for still being around! I can't say how lucky I am to not have been one inch or the other from having a worse outcome. I was lucky that I could attend my children's graduations and not being confined to a wheelchair. The first 90 days after the crash, I didn't know which way was up or down. My gyros were definitely not spooled up.

I can only imagine how the veterans were treated at the VA. I can tell you that I've had nothing but harassment from the government since day one. 3 to 6 months were not out of the norm to see doctors. It took them a year to approve surgery on my neck. In the meantime I was chewing on opioids like candy just to get by.

After several rounds of physical, occupational and psychological therapy, I've pretty much have been told that I'm as good as I will get. I have two spots on my brain, (most likely when the headset broke from hitting the roof of the helicopter). I have to get a yearly MRI to see if it's still not pressing on the brain.

There is no way for me to ever be PIC in an aircraft again. Right now, I can't even drive due to my medical condition.

I'm both thankful and bitter. Thankful that I'm still alive and not confined to a wheelchair. Bitter, because the very agency responsible for aviation safety caused my injuries and disabilities. Tho this I say, Happy frickin Anniversary "regulator"!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  18. Rotorruss

Happy 'flippin' forth Anniversary to the "regulator"!!

19. Richard Wyeroski

They can not hide it any longer....it is on AIRNATION...for all to see

Rotorruss likes this.