1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Elevator failure article published....

Discussion in 'Airplane, Aircraft & Jumbo Jet Talk' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Hi all

AIRFACTS has published my article on the elevator failure I had a few years back. It's hard to believe that 30 months have passed since this incident and the NTSB still has not closed the case. I thought I'd post it here for anyone to read it.

I remain concerned because the FAA is not going to take my request to come out with an Airworthiness Directive AD to replace the attaching hardware that failed in flight. Over 3000 Early Cessna 150 aircraft are effected with this problem.

I hope the NTSB concours with me and and convinces the FAA to publish an AD. Maybe that's why NTSB has not closed the case

Thanks

Rich

BTW don't miss reading the replies.....from readers!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    https://airfactsjournal.com/2018/12/elevator-failure-at-4500-feet-in-a-cessna-150/

2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Again Rich, You're knowledge, experience and keeping a cool head saved the day! Kudos to the Good man upstairs too! ;)

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  3. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

Thank goodness the story on this had a good ending.