1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Coziness

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

United States United States
    Finally caught with the hand in the cookie jar. Bahrami needs to be fired!!

2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Ah yes.......management wanted to save millions in certification costs for the MAX and lose BILLIONS in lost revenue and sales....Oh yes and 346 people died in two air crashes of the MAX!

Let’s see management saved millions in costs by developing 70% of the 787 overseas. But they lost Billions in lost revenue and sales when the 787 batteries failed in flight almost downing JAL airliners. This grounded all 787 aircraft for six months until the problems could be fixed!

I see a pattern here!;)

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  3. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

One sincerely hopes for change, but with the deeply embedded swamp creatures it’s going to be a long ol haul.

4. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member III

There has to be a MAJOR revamping of the certification process here. Yes the software fixes are in place, yes additional training will be provided but the FAA has to take a hands on roll on all certification, not only the 737MAX but all future aircraft. Yes that will cost money but how much money has been lost already. Too many lives have been lost. The loss of confidence by the public in Boeing is justified. My own daughter didn't want to fly on an AA Flight in May to come visit because it listed the equipment type as a B737. I had to explain the situation to her. Forty years later it's the DC-10 experience all over. Although that grounding was not caused by design error but rather maintenance during the investigation the public confidence in that aircraft was pretty poor. My father who would travel for business regularly swore off the DC-10 after it went back into the air and this was a guy who was an engineer and swore by Douglas because of his experience with the C-47 in the Korean War. Things have to change in the swamp and Boeing has to come up with some pretty sharp ideas on how to win back public confidence in all their aircraft.

5. Everett 757

Well said, Kevin. Boeing has a lot of work cut out for themselves now, and they better work hard at it and do it quickly to regain the lost trust.

6. Rotorruss

...the regulator has been inept for at least the last 18 years. The swamp has gone on with its corrupt ways without any accountability. The associate for safety has been able to retire with full benefits after they thoroughly screwed up the safety roles and responsibilities. Both Nicky and Miss Piggy has done more damage to aviation safety than anything any operator could ever do. The current one screwed the 787 certification with his coziness. Like anything, people forget history and it continues to repeat itself.

Drain the Swamp

7. Rotorruss

8. Everett 757

Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  9. Richard Wyeroski

FAA management restructured the FAA and creatd more managers. The field has long suffered for lack of qualified personal. It was interesting to read in the article that "FAA INSPECTORS WER RELUCTANT TO COME FORWARD" and report problems. What was left out is if they did they would be harassed, suspended or fired

Yes Nicky and miss piggy destroyed FAA credibility. They literally sacked the FAA field. Cooking a the books on safety and now it has caught up with the agency

I have said this since my illegal removal from the agency back in 2002, the FAA has to be needs to shut down and reorganized........

10. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    Update on Avherald-
    "On Apr 27th 2019 it became known, that four independent whistleblowers, current and former Boeing employees, had called the FAA hotline for whistleblowers regarding aviation safety concerns on Apr 5th 2019. The concerns reported were wiring damage to the AoA related wiring as result of foreign object damage as well as concerns with the TRIM CUTOUT switches. The FAA believes these reports may open completely new investigative angles into the causes of the two crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia."

11. Rotorruss

12. Richard Wyeroski

Foushee's AAE is nothing more then a stonewalling agency. They do nothing for whistleblowers and should be shut down.

Foushee basically checks to see if anyone has a case then discourages or ignores their complaint.

Whistleblowing is detrimental to one's career. Inspectors are harassed, suspended or fired if they complain. I have first hand knowledge of this !!!

Now that 346 innocent people have been killed because of FAA corruption, now maybe someone will listen to FAA employees .......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE
    https://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/faa-whistleblowers-feel-betrayed/?oid=2176687

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  13. Rotorruss

Only the "biggly one" can clean 800 Indy. If it doesn't get cleaned, just more of the same will continue to happen.

Drain the Swamp

14. Richard Wyeroski

Well their is 346 good reasons to look into the FAA. They can not sweep this one under the rug.......The agency is caught red handed not doing it's job and because of it 346 people died. Add in the 767 crash and we have three major transport accidents with little oversight by the FAA.

THREE!!!!!o_O

15. Rotorruss

If people don't get fired over this, it will prove positive that 800 Indy is corrupt as the day is long. It needs to be cleaned out from the top down!!

16. Richard Wyeroski

I agree wholeheartingly

As a victim of FAA corruption one day it will come out. Maybe this is the day!

Unfortunately the 346 people that died can not be brought back to live their lives!

Kevin, Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  17. Rotorruss

And unfortunately, I was permanently disabled because of their corruption. If today isn't the day, then when they burn in hell, only then will justice be served.

18. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

The FAA needs an overhaul and fast too. It's a top bloated shell of what it used to be because of 'sequestration' and other misappropriations of budgets. Why Boeing didn't pursue the Replacement 757 further instead is beyond me. It's costing them a lot more now and in the future for not.

Everett 757, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  19. Rotorruss

20. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.