1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Cockpit video of British Airways A318 filmed during the tricky approach into London City Airport

Discussion in 'Airport News, Talk & Discussion' started by Everett 757, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

United States United States
    British Airways has released a cockpit video showing the steep approach into London City Airport to celebrate the airline's bespoke business-class only service completing 25 million miles - the equivalent to 100 trips to the moon or circling the earth 1,000 times.

The footage, filmed from the pilot's perspective in the flight deck, now gives everyone the chance to see the amazing aerial views of London's iconic skyline and see - and hear - Captain Karen Atherton describe the difficult landing

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/air...e-tricky-approach-to-london-city-airport.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Flytdeck

Flytdeck Hangar Bronze Member VI

Qatar Qatar
    Flown over this airport many times. Often wondered what the approach would look like. Now I know. Amazing and thank you.

Drjohn, xnwa and Everett 757 like this.
  3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Impressive to say the least! I've seen that Lady Capt in other videos also. :)

4. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

You are welcome! It is a really good and educational video.

5. Irish MD-11

Irish MD-11 Hangar Bronze Member V

Switzerland Switzerland
    I join in that with you L.L.:) Enjoyed the view(I worked in London for some years), but have not flown into LCY. The lady's info was entertaining, and that with a"finely polished" QEII accent, nice! Also an enjoyable video:D:D:D!

Irish MD-11

Everett 757, Lord Leighton and Drjohn like this.