1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Change of carriers

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by Exuma Guy, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    The homeland is on the opposite side of the world from my residence.
    My last trip to the homeland was on United Airlines and their service sucked.
    This time, I checked pricing on the web for alternatives. Qatar Airways won.
    Time to try the ME3.

Qatar's flights go the opposite way to get home, but the time difference is an hour of flying.
    Qatar does it in 2 flights instead of United's 3. Qatar's hub is Doha and the food court is expensive
    ($11USD for Burger King Whopper combo) but United's hubs aren't far behind in price.
    Doha's airport provides wifi that is free and works good. United's Newark hub charges for wifi.
    The inflight meals are similar on both carriers. The longer sector is 15 hours for both carriers. United's B-777 didn't have power outlets for PED's in economy (The new aircraft are delivered that way and the older -777s from Continental will lose their power outlets on the next inspection is what I've been told).
    A 15 hour flight without working on my computer? F'ing stupid!!!!
    Qatar's -777 economy seats have both 115VAC and 5VDC power outlets, and entertainment screens for each seat.

The big difference? Qatar's staff was always pleasant and gracious. United's staff, especially cabin crew, were uncaring, arrogant, and sometimes downright nasty. And Qatar was $600 lower fare.

Now I know why American, Delta, and United are seeking government protection from the ME3.

2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Sad situation......I hope they wake up!

3. Shawn White

Shawn White Hangar Silver Member I

United States United States
    I always have the same dilemma when it comes to choosing an airline to fly with. On one hand I'd like to stick with American companies, but the difference in the quality of service is astonishing. ME3 are always the clear winners, not just in specifics like power outlets, but also the better attitudes and polite employees.