1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Boeing expresses regret over ex-pilot's 737 MAX messages, faults simulator

Discussion in 'Airplane, Aircraft & Jumbo Jet Talk' started by Lord Leighton, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Rotorruss and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

The FAA is in a corner on this. Since they Rubberstamped the MAX certification and got caught, no one in FAA is going to make any decision. The White House is watching. A new Administrator for FAA has been appointed by President Trump. To call it a mess is an understatement !

What is next? It’s anyone’s guess here!

3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Congress will have their final hearing the end of October. The regulator will conduct their certification in November and approve it by the first of the year. EASA and the others will follow up with with their own certification in January. The Max will be flying again by February. Seen this before. SAD!!

4. Richard Wyeroski

It is sad. The toxic culture inside the FAA makes attracting anyone with experience difficult. One has to ask the question, “why would anyone want to work for the FAA”?

5. Rotorruss

This will be a test for the new Administrator to see what changes happen. I'm not holding my breath on anything changing. The swamp is deep!!

6. Richard Wyeroski

I agree about the swamp. The new Administrators is a little different. He has the ear of the President. We know the President does not mince words and takes action when necessary!

I would love to testify before a hearing.....

There are changes going on. In my area, NYC, the Regional Office has a greatly reduced staff. The FSDO’s are giving up more and more to the Designated Pilot Examiners and it looks like the hand writing is on the wall to reduce FSDOs’ around the country.

7. Richard Wyeroski

I will tell you Russ!....If I was a Congressmen or Senator I would be very mad at the FAA. These people fly often and if the FAA is not doing their job......they have to pay for it!

As you said people are retiring, resigning or being reassigned! I do not think that will cut it any longer!

8. Rotorruss

The proof that Congress is serious about it will be for those who lied before Congress is fired. Otherwise, it's just another two tiered justice system where the worker bees get fired while the management gets congratulations and promotions for doing the same thing.

This is nothing new, the revolving door people come in and protect the corrupt swamp and their minions.

The biggly one will be tested on this swamp drain.

9. Richard Wyeroski

One thing Russ is all the death connected to this crash. The FAA management got caught. All these people killed because certain people agreed to cut corners on a certification. The MAX should have been built under a new type certificate. We know this would have cost many millions in new certification costs. As it stands now I just read that the MAX groundings have cost Boeing 7 BILLION dollars and climbing!

Of course the loss of 346 people is hard to rap ones head around! It’s sad. Yet the FAA management responsible is leaving or retiring and disappearing!

I believe the FAA is going to be restructured for real now!

Rich

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  10. Rotorruss

Having watched both the House and Senate hearings the last two days (9+ hours), I don't see much change happening. The empty promises to improve between the manufacturer and the regulator will satisfy the do nothing Congress. There will be the normal watered down legislation passed that will make it look like something was done. Life will go on until the next catastrophic event. By then, all the guilty parties will long be retired or have their golden parachute in hand.

SAD!!!