1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Boeing digging their grave even deeper?

Discussion in 'Airplane, Aircraft & Jumbo Jet Talk' started by Lord Leighton, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

Not good. How far Boeing has fallen in the past few years. :eek:

Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

All manufacturers have QC problems. If Boeings quality has fallen it truly is sad!

The FAA and Boeing are on the carpet for that MAX accidents and it is not going away to soon.

THe people directly involved have by now retired, quit, transferred or disappeared! o_O

Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  4. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Don't forget, the Charleston facility is non union too.

5. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member IV

I kinda figured out when they opened the Charleston facility and announced it non-union that Boeing like many other companies including my own (Hertz has 2 divisions "HLE -Hertz Local Edition" where everyone has the word "Manager-----Something" in their title meaning no overtime or unions and RAC - Rent A Car the legacy division that operates most of the Airport locations and important local downtown locations, employees are union get paid uniforms, overtime etc), again that Boeing was trying to circumvent unions. I thought the early reports of QC problems at the Charleston facility were "teething" problems but I guess it comes down to the culture again. They have an different workforce, management and culture than Everett has. So a lower standard, lower paid and lower experienced workforce leads to lower product quality. No surprise there. It is a shame that the company that once stood for Engineering Excellence and innovation were invaded by the Wall Street types and their compromise on quality not only killed 346 people but their reputation I believe is permanently damaged and I'm a Boeing guy. What a shame. You may celebrate your 100th Anniversary but just do it quietly to avoid embarrassment.