1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Bad approach and landings!

Discussion in 'Airport News, Talk & Discussion' started by Richard Wyeroski, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    A bad day at this airport

2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

ATC was having fun watchin these guys, :p:p:p. This is what lots have to endure to enjoy some of the best wine(and birds0 in the world. That airport can eat up your Sim time like it was nuthin. :D I think I posted this before, but this airport hosted the shortest 757(probably empty) takeoff ever.

4. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VII

I’m sure ATC was enjoying the show here. Yes, I remember this shortest 757 takeoff. I still really like watching it! :):cool:

5. Biggles

Biggles Hangar Bronze Member III

I'm not sure if this is a bad day; from what I've seen this is a pretty normal day for Funchal.
    There seems to be a permanent howling crosswind and a patch of serious sink (or is it windshear) on the approach to 05. I would expect to get tossed around in a 172 or a Cherokee, but it must be quite an experience in that size of airliners!!