1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

B-737-800 Touched Down at St. Helena's New Airport: AirLive

Discussion in 'Airport News, Talk & Discussion' started by Lord Leighton, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Boeing 737-800 touched down at St Helena’s new Airport
    April 19, 2016

• [​IMG]

History was once again made on St Helena today as the first large passenger jet aircraft, a Boeing 737-800 (ZS-ZWG), touched down at St Helena’s new Airport shortly after 12.00 noon. This is the actual Boeing aircraft which will serve the St Helena/Johannesburg route.

As planned, British Airways (operated by Comair) brought in this ‘Implementation Flight’ from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, complete with various Comair, Basil Read and other passengers – plus a consignment of aircraft spare parts which will remain on the Island.

In preparation for the commencement of scheduled air services, the objectives of the Implementation Flight include route assessment, airside operations, passenger and cargo handling, training and various aspects of safety at St Helena Airport. It is planned that the aircraft will make a few flights over the next two days, before the Implementation Flight departs St Helena on Wednesday afternoon (20 April 2016).

David Barnshaw, Irish MD-11 and xnwa like this.
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Yay! :) I'd Love to go there!

xnwa likes this.