1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Australian CFM 56 AD

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...who knows. Maybe Obamacare was more pressing then aviation safety?? Maybe the cost/benefit analysis didn't add up to the bottom line??

It's time for the "biggly one" to announce the "great pilot" and drain the "regulator" swamp!!

3. Kevin

Kevin Hangar Bronze Member II

I don't know much about Australian Politics but it appears the Aussies aren't afraid of "political whiplash" if they put out an AD that will cost some interested parties $$$. Safety ahead of profit???

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

There are 6,700 aircraft out there with these engines. CFM produced over 29,000 engines. I believe there are other incidents out there with turbine blade problems that occurred. FAA need to look at these incidents and decide to put out an AD. Turbine blade production for these engines need to be looked at also, since they are produced all over the world. I believe we will find bogus parts and blades put into service that are a problem.

Time will tell where the problems are FAA needs to stay on top of this before another incident occurs. BTW if there is another failure there sure will be hell to pay!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Rotorruss likes this.
  5. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

..OH, but, but, but what about all the special interest groups in DC? It's sad that the law requires a cost/benefit analysis. Unfortunately, the cost when up with someone getting killed. Rules are definitely written in blood. SUPs are all over the place. The "regulator" thinks that the people will police themselves. No need to have eyes on anything but the computer!!

"Drain the Swamp"!!

Kevin and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  6. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Australia's CASA doesn't care about cost. Hence the lack of general aviation in a country that could have per capita numbers equivalent to the US. My Aussie friends have many horror stories about CASA running amok. They have fiefdoms to make any FAA manager jealous.

Kevin, Rotorruss and Richard Wyeroski like this.