1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

ATC "Fake News"

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Here is an article about controllers supposedly resigning because they are not getting paid. What a crock.....Just so you all know controllers make big bucks. Rightfully so!

The story goes on to say they are mad and resigning. I say Bravo Sierra. A controller makes $100-$200 and more, thousand of dollars. They will be paid when the dispute is over and be paid all back pay with interest. So they supposedly are quitting their big buck job and going somewhere else! Don't believe it, this story has political overtones to put pressure on the White House........IMHO

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Controllers Quitting To Find Paying Work

[​IMG]

Air traffic control personnel are resigning to seek other work after a month without pay and a union representative told CNN on Monday he expects more to come. "They will resign. They will go get outside jobs,” a National Air Traffic Controllers Association Atlanta rep said in an interview with Don Lemon on Monday. NATCA officials say they’re aware of resignations that are a direct result of the shutdown and are calling on all branches of the government to get the government open again. The union released a hand written resignation from a Madison, Wisconsin.

In the letter, the trainee says he can't hang on any longer and needs to find another job and he says he likely won't be the last. "I worry that I may not be the last developmental forced to resign from an already understaffed facility," the letter reads. Controllers are among 800,000 essential employees working without pay and for the first month there has been pride in maintaining safety under the circumstances. But as they and the other workers anticipate missing a second paycheck next week the cracks are starting to show and NATCA says they’re already short of staff. Complicating matters is the fact that the training academy for controllers in Oklahoma City is also closed, meaning there will be a serious disruption in the flow of new trainees.

2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Controllers are a funny breed. They sure were pushing for the privatization a couple of years ago. Maybe this is all an exercise to get things under private contract. Between being short staffed and NextGen coming due, it could be the excuse to get it through this time??

3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

I can not see any government employee giving up their job because they did not get paid because of the shutdown. They will eventually get paid with interest and life will go on

4. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

People don't have the same ethics or loyalty like in the past. Those who can make the move and be successful will leave anyway. Those who can't or won't were going to stay anyway. Like you said, it will exacerbate the already taxed personnel and new hire ratio. Bent tin hasn't changed anyone's mind with re opening the government anyway.