1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

An Instructor shortage gov. say!!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, May 23, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...just like Guido said in 5 minute college, supply and demand!! I aced his final too!!

3. Richard Wyeroski

Instructors in the US unlike Europe were at the bottom of the aviation barrel. New pilots got their ratings and taught many students (reluctantly ) to get the 1500 hours they needed to qualify for that big airline job.

Pay was low, sometimes less then that 15 dollar minimum wage number.
    But, the pilot did not have to rent a plane and he learned to fly at the expense of the student and made a little money too boot!

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. Rotorruss

It has always been this way. Then they wonder why we have issues in the aviation committees. But, never fear, we'll just give Johnny a warning for violating a rule since he received piss poor instruction and passed his check from santS Claus!!!

5. Richard Wyeroski

Exactly the way it is! I have spent 4500 hours of my total time of 9000 flying hours giving dual instruction. I did the best I could with every student. I continue to this day still giving dual instruction the best I can!

6. Rotorruss

...and you, my friend, are the exception to the rule!! The best instructors are the ones who give a darn rather than "time building" just to sit on reserve for some regional line.

Kevin, Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  7. Richard Wyeroski

There are very few career instructors if there is such a thing. The stress of the job and pay is low and no one could afford to be an instructor full time.

Europe uses their retired pilots to teach students over there. It is expensive and there is no other way!

Kevin likes this.